My dilemma

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My daughter is gravitating towards a 2015 Camaro she found and her hubby says fine but the 67 Camaro has to go. She is really torn about giving up her 67, but I digress. As old dad is a hell of a guy I have offered to take the 67 off her hands to help her out and my bride is having a bit of a conniption. Her argument is that I have no room for more cars, she needs a new fence in the backyard, new furniture for the living room, we are sinking a small fortune into a new bathroom/laundry room and I still haven't built her the new deck I promised her last summer.
My argument is so???
What would you do???

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Get rid of the wife!!!:laughing Seriously ,,,,,get the Camero . You can buy all that other stuff any where any time, a 67 Camero you can't find everywhere .

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Get rid of the wife!!!:laughing Seriously ,,,,,get the Camero . You can buy all that other stuff any where any time, a 67 Camero you can't find everywhere .

Nah, gotta keep her. For some reason I still like her after 36 years!! Might have to resort to begging forgiveness tho....

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:dealNO..NO..NO.NO.NO.NO ......KEEP THE WIFE...........buy the 2015 Camaro, and I'll help you out by sacrificing and taking the 67 off your hands....:deal

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Talk some sense into your daughter!!! That 2015 will be worthless in a few years while the 67 Camaro will keep getting more and more valuable. She's gonna regret it!!!

If you really can't decide, I'll take the old Camaro. :D
Higher tax,,, insurance,,,, Payment's and what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jeff, unfortunately you cannot explain the loss of that Camaro to someone as young as your daughter. I personally made the same choice when I gave up my 67 Firebird 400 for a newer, nicer driven, more reliable car. What can you say? The newer Camaro is nice, however we all know how that ends. Payments, insurance, longing for what you had. She has to make her own way in life, and all you can do is hope she makes the right decisions. Those decisions for you may not be right for her, however we all have to live our lives and we have to make those decisions for ourselves. With all that, if you can buy that Camaro, I would for many reasons. We all think certain decisions are a hardship, some rightfully so, some are still hard, however in the long run they turn out to be the better option over the long run. If possible, get the Camaro, then hold it and enjoy it for years to come until you can tell her I told your so....:) Then when that 2015 is no longer fun or worth anything, let her have it back, at a fair price of course. She will always remember it long after your gone.

Jeff

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
hey Jeff,
looks like you would have room in the shed for a 4 post hoist, then you could store the camaro easily.
keep the wife happy by saying "yes dear, i understand" and after a few days all will be good again:D.
Should this not work, then consult a marriage councilor:rub.

Gav