My newest acquistion

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Not sure exactly where to post this. It's not a build or project. It's my newest acquisition. Just brought it home today. A 1971 GTO. Body off frame resto. Someone spent a lot of money on this. It wasn't me. Began it's life in Georgia and eventually came to York, PA. Not sure how, when or what was in between. Going to research it. Numbers matching motor and trans. Not sure of the rear. Going to leave it in the garage covered until I get the 409 back together. Thanks for looking, Carmine.

Car is Home 1.JPG Car is Home 2.JPG Car is Home 3.JPG Car is Home 4.JPG

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like a nice car Carmine, congrats on the purchase. What motor?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like you got a very good deal for what it cost. I thought you were driving it home
I don't see how you don't like the black interior.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Look's like a nice car Carmine. Is that a lime green or is it a gold color??

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice car now just put it next to your gasser and you will have your own two lane blacktop set, I know I'm off on the years as the one in the movie was a 55 and believe you said yours is a 56 but we'll done and not sure on gto but close enough!!

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thank you everyone for looking and the kind comments. Yeah Phil, I thought the same thing. If I was selling it, it would have been spotless. The motor is a 400 with factory rated 300 hp. Someone put a performance cam in it. You can hear it. Guess that is why I don't have much, actually any, vacuum for power brakes. The color is factory and called Tropical Lime. I guess it's kind of rare. Out of 9500 2d hts made, only 742 had this color. I'm told it was Pontiacs response to some of the radical paint colors of the late 60's-early 70's. When I initially saw it, I lost enthusiasm because of the color. I looked past that and saw a quality paint and resto. Now, I'm actually starting to like it. Mike, I just don't like the black interior. It's not a factory pattern or design. I like the original jade green much better. It's hard to believe that someone spent alot of money on this body off frame resto and changed the interior like they did. The car also came with a vinyl top which was never put on. I have it in the trunk. If I could also mention, there is nothing like looking at the car yourself. Members can be very helpful and you could always hire an inspector which I've done before. But this car was right in my backyard. About 25 miles away. It doesn't get any better then that. On occasion, I do get lucky, Carmine.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Nice ride Carmine...... had a buddy when I was a senior in high school who was a junior...... he was a rich kid .......and he had one just like it ........same color.......cool........and his older brother had a 69 Yenko Chevelle Black and Yellow

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Very Nice, car Carmine.:bow I hope, it gives you, much enjoyment.:applJames: Wouldn't that be like, putting on a toupee?:dunno:laugh2

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You know now that I have though about it....I think not.... unless the top matched the interior green.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Although I prefer black interiors mostly, I also have a soft spot for the verdoro green that I had on my 68 Le Mans. The interior was also green. I think it was the same, but that was then and I didn't much look up codes when I was younger. I was too busy into cars, bikes, and girls and as long as those looked good, and were fast that was good enough for me. Good luck with the new toy Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Not to pry but is that the seller next to the drivers door in the picture?

No, that is a good friend of mine that trailered the car home for me. We have been friends since kindergarten right through high school. He really is a good guy. Has a very high level of tolerance for me, I know that. Has a few medical issues which concern me and we stay in close contact. True friends are hard to come by. At least for me, Carmine.