My son’s garage is come along

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
My 2 son’s have worked on son #1 garage. All the framing, siding, insulation and drywall was done by son #1 (#1 did pay for #2’s work) that’s what #2 does for a living. Some work was side by side when needed. All the electrical was done by #1, as the inside painting. son #1 had a heating & cooling install the heating & air conditioning. Had a step brother do the duck work and vents for that. The garage doors are extra wide & heigh.
lastly the garage lift (10,000 lb) BendPac was put togethers and installed over the last weekend by the two sons. That lift has extra long arms to fit the X-frame. On the other side that didn’t take a photo of is 2 car door with the same high ceiling that can be used as a video golf range if you pull the cars outside.

IMG_2301.jpegIMG_2301.jpeg

bobs409

Administrator
Story kind of reminds me of my own garage. My brother who worked as a carpenter his whole life and myself built my 2.5 car garage. He was the brains and the major builder, I was the helper, schmuck! lol I did pay him but he did it all at a "reduced" rate.

All I can say is it looks a LOT easier watching someone else build one. The worst parts are the concrete and drywall! I would run from those jobs as fast as I could. lol