My son’s social experiment

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I've spent more money on alingments and ball joints on a 2016 and a 2018 GM than on multiple Fords bought since 1988.:thumbdown

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
I like old Chevies, but I drive Fords for daily drivers.
I have actually bought my last ford, but not because of reliability issues with the car or truck. I recently got ripped off on a contract for the replacement of the rims on my 2017 f150. The "chrome" on the rims is chipping off. Ford has offered to split the cost of replacement of three rims rather than paying for the replacements. That is not the way I read the contract.
On the other hand my wife drives a 2015 Fiesta that has 88,000 miles. We do all the scheduled oil changes etc... We have not had one problem with this car! We have replaced tires, but not the brakes. I can't believe the pads and rotors are still within specs, and the pedal still feels good! This car knocks down 39 mpg and runs great.
This car feels tiny, and under powered to me, but she loves it.

wristpin

Well Known Member
I have actually bought my last ford, but not because of reliability issues with the car or truck. I recently got ripped off on a contract for the replacement of the rims on my 2017 f150. The "chrome" on the rims is chipping off. Ford has offered to split the cost of replacement of three rims rather than paying for the replacements. That is not the way I read the contract.
On the other hand my wife drives a 2015 Fiesta that has 88,000 miles. We do all the scheduled oil changes etc... We have not had one problem with this car! We have replaced tires, but not the brakes. I can't believe the pads and rotors are still within specs, and the pedal still feels good! This car knocks down 39 mpg and runs great.

Would it void the Feista warrenty if you put in a 409? :burnout

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
On a still night you can hear a Ford rust. Lol Just jokeing. I did see where a pickup customer complain about his rusting frame. Rep looked at it ,bought pickup back. He immediately bought another new truck, was a good customer.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
I have bought close to a dozen new cars from Ford in the last 25 years. I have bought almost as many used Fords. I finance them all through Ford credit.
They have really dropped the ball with the refusal to cover the rims.
I will be looking at GM and Dodge next.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I wish GM would have offered to buy back my Chevy Express van that sits parked in the driveway undriveable because of a rusted out frame and it only has 45K on it.

Mark

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wish the whole country would file a suit against most of the domestic manufacturers for paint issues. You can pull a car out of the junk yard that is 70 years old, and the paint can be in great condition if it wasn't in a wreck. A new car with 8 + years and its pealing. Someone somewhere should do something about it.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I wish GM would have offered to buy back my Chevy Express van that sits parked in the driveway undriveable because of a rusted out frame and it only has 45K on it.

Mark
I had a 2005 Chevy pickup we bought new. It wouldn't pass inspection in 2013 with less than 35,000 miles on it due to a small frame support rusted through. I took it to the dealer I bought it from, they had the area rep look at it. I wasnt expecting anything, but I did get a $4500.00 voucher good toward the purchase of a new vehicle, after all other price discounts have been deducted. Voucher was good for a year. 11 months later We bought our new 2014 Silverado. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15

Mark

That stinking brine they use on the roads is the main culprit. I believe it make the roads more safe to drive on at the cost of destroying vehicles from cars to large trucks. They are trying to make up for poor drivers this way. They used to use calcium chloride and sand. It didn't eat things up nearly as bad as the brine.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I think these vehicles are designed from the factory to rust just look at pickup truck beds and front fenders around the wheel wells they are designed to capture and hold crap off the road there are to many fairly new vehicles rusting there and this shouldn't be and I'll go a little farther if I thought our leaders in Washington had the mental capacity to confront Detroit about this (read chew gum and walk at the same time and impeach Trump) I would have them look into it these Damn vehicles cost us to much money just to rust out like this in just a few years.

Mark