NASCAR

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Now that’s thinking outside the box…….:appl:appl:appl……..He looked like granny on the Clampett’s after a hit a moonshine…… :lmao……. That’s the coolest shit I ever did see…….!!!!!……WOW……!!!!!

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
NASCAR I’ll nip that shit in the bud right away……They’ll have teams “checking” out into the “fast wall lane” just like truck drivers in the semi ‘s on the interstate…… they’ll cut them off at the pass…….!!!!!…….I’m still amazed …… that’s some of the coolest shit I’ve ever seen

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Gee guys anyone been with us at Darlington in the 60’s drinking beer at the Southern 500 Labor Day weekend and watching Petty, Pearson, and Cale and Bobby and Buddy getting their Darlington Stripe to gain a position?
Robert

Last edited:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
In racin’ usually up near the wall is the fastest way around and less heat thus wear on the tires and in the words of one of the best wall racers, Richard Petty “ if you lose it you ain’t gonna hit as hard ‘cause you already there”
Robert

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Gee guys anyone been with us at Darlington in the 60’s drinking beer at the Southern 500 Labor Day weekend and watching Petty, Pearson, and Cale and Bobby and Buddy getting their Darlington Stripe to gain a position?
Robert
Robert, i was stationed at Shaw AFB just outside Sumpter sc in 66,67 and 68. We went to a lot of races, Darlington, Rockingham, Charlotte and Daytona to name a few. Saw a lot of great racing.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
So they said no rule yet....wonder who is next?

It was a pretty outrageous move, but it sure livened up the race.

By the time they get to all-electric cars racing will be really boring. Might as well be a video game and let the drivers smack each other with their keyboards when they get their feelings hurt.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Im with James....best racing in years. To bad it lasted only 30 seconds.
I said with Bubba Wallace's pit move that nascar might get interesting again. Most everyone was mad about that. Whats wrong with fist fights again? Some of those 50's & 60's races are still remembered not for the racing but the off track theatrics.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
The only person that really has a right to be upset about it would be the car owner………But with the Note-oriety he’s going to get from Ross’s move……I’m sure he’ll more than happily fill the bill……..If it’s a difference between your season ending in your season going on I think it was a wise choice…….Both the name recognition and the financial windfall