National Speedway Long Island New York

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mike did you get any info on the Pacers car?:dunno ken

Ken,

Sorry I did'nt get any info. I can email the person who told me about the show if you have any questions.

I was so involved in what I just witnessed that I thought at anytime an enviromentalist was just to jump out from behind a tree and have it shut down :roll

The sound and the traffic slowing down on Route 109 was unreal. The pit crew was wearing period clothing and I felt like I was in the pits at National.
Great people also.

A definite show for next year.

More pictures attached.

Mike

Attachments

• Nitro4.jpg
    Nitro4.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 21
  • Nitro5.jpg
    Nitro5.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 23
  • Nitro6.jpg
    Nitro6.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Nitro7.jpg
    Nitro7.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Nitro8.jpg
    Nitro8.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 24

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Latest News From Riverhead

The property will be rebid if the deadline is not satisfied.

Mike

D-day looms for Riverhead Resorts
Pay $3.9M Wednesday or deal's off
BY TIM GANNON |STAFF WRITER

Riverhead Resorts -- the group that envisions building a sprawling resorts complex in Calverton -- has less than a week to deliver $3.9 million to Riverhead Town, or town officials plan to end the contract with the developers.

The Town Board has given Riverhead Resorts until Wednesday, Sept. 8, to come up with the money, which represents two payments of $1.98 million that Riverhead Resorts was supposed to have paid in exchange for two three-month extensions on its sales contract with the town. The company is in contract to buy 755 acres of town-owned land at Calverton Enterprise Park, or EPCAL, for $155 million, although both sides say they have agreed informally to drop that price to $108 million.

Supervisor Sean Walter said if the town doesn't have the money by Sept. 8, there will be a resolution on the Sept. 8 Town Board meeting to terminate the contract with Riverhead Resorts.

'We understand the town's deadline and we hope to meet it.'

Mitch Pally, Riverhead Resorts
That meeting will be held at 2 p.m. on a Wednesday, instead of the usual Tuesday night start time, because of Labor Day being Monday.

"We have not received a check," Mr. Walter said Tuesday. "They told me they might be closing on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, but so far, they haven't."

Two town council members, Jodi Giglio and George Gabrielsen, have said they'd support ending the contract with Riverhead Resorts now, regardless of whether they pay the $3.9 million.

Under the terms of the contract, Riverhead Resorts must pay the $3.9 million even if the contract is terminated. Another $1.98 million extension payment is due on Sept. 15.

Mitch Pally, an attorney for Riverhead Resorts, remained optimistic that they will meet the deadline.

"We are working stringently to make this complete," he said. "We understand the town's deadline and we hope to meet it. We are now extremely close and we could be finished at any time. The problem is, we are not the only ones who are controlling this arrangement. We are relying on other people to review paperwork and collateral. We're depending on other institutions to get their portion of the material completed."

Mr. Pally reiterated that if Riverhead Resorts can come up with the $3.9 million, that means they also will be able to come up with the entire $108 million.

"It's not our intention to just have funds necessary for the short term. Our goal is to insure the town that once this financial arrangement is complete, we will have funds not only in the interim but also for the closing, the environmental review and the construction."

Riverhead Resorts has proposed to build eight theme resorts on the 755 acres, property the Navy deeded to the town in the mid-1990s after closing a fighter jet plant. The developers' plans have included a resort featuring an indoor ski mountain and one with a 90-acre man-made lake, although Mr. Pally says the final scope of the project could be determined by the environmental review.

Mr. Walter said the town will continue to work toward subdividing the Calverton land even if the Riverhead Resorts deal is canceled because the town cannot sell the land without a subdivision anyway.

tgannon@timesreview.com

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Show at the W Islip library this weekend (Sunday) Nice show 2-300 cars small swap meet 1 or two bands and the weather is supposed to be good. No jugging and you can leave when you want to:dunno what do you say Long Island. Ken

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
maybe I will show if I can stop myself from driving my car and park it LOL:roll
can we get more info about the car show, time ,admisson fee and any other info????

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Had a great time yesterday.
It was nice to see Jud, Ken and Mark again!

Thank you again for helping out at the tent area. :bow
Could not have done it without all your help and support.

Jud: Good luck with that new motor. It sounds excellent!

Mike

Attachments

• West Islip.jpg
    West Islip.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 34

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Jud and Ken Mike

That mountain motor in the 62 is unreal---BWR heads and intake engine looked great

It was nice to see you guys!

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It was nice to see see some of the long island crew and at the same time we got some signatures for the drag strip petition. what would been better is if we all had w motor cars there , not that the camaro and chevele weren't nice ,they are pretty cars and i wouldn't mind owning them . a Z11 Nova would have been really cool and I am sure it would have gotten more attention than my car did. Hey Butch I hope your excuse for not being there is because you were working on your car LOL:roll

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Jud. Looks like you guys had a great time.:clap I have no excuses other than the little woman comes first.:love Her back was bothering her real bad. Sorry:cry

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Butch , there is no need to apologize ,Its all good maybe next time.

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We have a shot at getting a track again if the deal falls thru since the property will be made available again.
We have sent letters to known track investors to watch the property status.

Riverhead Town board members know the financial gain of having a Motorsports Facility.

Riverhead Resorts is in contract to purchase the land for $150M.
The resort is estimated at $2B to build.
With economy as it is they are having a hard time finding investors.

The property has two runways. One 10,000 foot and a 7,000 foot. Both runways are 150 feet wide.

The 7,000 foot runway is inactive. The 10,000 foot runway is used by LI Skydive and is on the righthand side in the aerial photo.

I attached a picture of the 7,000 foot runway of a picture I took in March 2010. The surface is in excellent condition.

I will update when I get any news.

Mike

Latest news from the Riverhead News Review Newspaper. One of the investors for the Ski Mountain has been detained by the police. :eek:

We are one step closer to having that contract canceled and hopefully the property will be rebid for a Motorsports Facility. :bow

Riverhead Resorts co-owner detained in connection with Turkish prostitution ring
BY TIM GANNON | STAFF WRITER
Share | One of the owners of Riverhead Resorts, the group that is seeking to buy 755 acres of land at Calverton Enterprise Park from Riverhead, has reportedly been detained by police in Turkey in connection with a prostitution ring.

The New York Daily News reported today that "Tevfik Arif, 57, has been detained in Turkey on suspicion of setting up trysts between wealthy businessmen and Eastern European models - some underage - aboard a $60 million yacht once used by the nation's founder, Mustafa Ataturk."

Mr. Arif is the sole owner of the Bayrock Group, and the Bayrock Group owns 50 percent of Riverhead Resorts, according to papers that Riverhead Resorts filed with Riverhead Town as part of its proposal to build land at Calverton two years ago.

However, Mitch Pally, an attorney for Riverhead Resorts, said today that Bayrock Group never actually owned more than five percent of the project and that efforts have already been underway to remove their ownership interest entirely.

He said Baldragon, a Scottish company headed by John Niven, has been the principal owners of Riverhead Resort.

Riverhead Resorts seeks to build eight themed resorts at EPCAL, including one with an indoor ski mountain. However, the company has failed to pay the town about $6 million in fees to extend the May 15 deadline for finalizing the deal that was called for in its contract with the town. The contract gives Riverhead Resorts the ability to buy up to five three-month extensions for $1.98 million each.

The Town Board has scheduled a vote on Tuesday to formally terminate its contract with Riverhead Resorts, but Mr. Pally was meeting with Town Board on Friday morning regarding that resolution, and said more information on the status of the deal would be known later today.

Councilman George Gabrielsen and Councilwoman Jodi Giglio have said they are opposed to any further extension.
tgannon@timesreview.com