NBRSA Nationals

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Last week in Wright City Missouri.

2.5 days of practice/tuning and 6 days of competition with 8 different categories. There were 83 shooters due to Covid. Usually around 130. This is the biggest shoot of the year and everyone brings their best stuff and all the good shooters, Hall Of Fame shooters, and World Team shooters attend. The biggest of all the categories is the 2, 3, and 4 gun for the whole week which shows the most consistent shooter. The file for the 2, 3, and 4 gun is too large to download. I'll try to change that and post later.

I won the Sporter100 by a large margin Tuesday morning and received the attached National Champion plaque. Targets attached. Enlarge to see the group measurement. This is one of my all time best Aggregates. My teen Agg for 5 groups of 5 shots each was a .1634 and second place was .1832...smoked em.....:winner My largest group was a little over .200 I receive 1 Hall Of Fame point for the win. You can only get HOF points at the 2 Nationals held annually. I now have 5 and need 10 to get in. The HOF has been in existence for over 70 years and there are around 50 members. My other best placing was second in the five groups of 10 shots each at the Unlimited 200 yd stage. No points for second place/first loser.

I placed well in all but 2 categories and finished 22nd in the 2 Gun, 18th in the 3 Gun and 11th in the 4 Gun. A long tiring week, but it helps when things go good and you have several top 10 and top 20 finishes in the different categories.

Attachments

• IMG_20201004_161750705.jpg
    IMG_20201004_161750705.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20201004_161731562.jpg
    IMG_20201004_161731562.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20201004_104427659.jpg
    IMG_20201004_104427659.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 29

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Last week in Wright City Missouri.

2.5 days of practice/tuning and 6 days of competition with 8 different categories. There were 83 shooters due to Covid. Usually around 130. This is the biggest shoot of the year and everyone brings their best stuff and all the good shooters, Hall Of Fame shooters, and World Team shooters attend. The biggest of all the categories is the 2, 3, and 4 gun for the whole week which shows the most consistent shooter. The file for the 2, 3, and 4 gun is too large to download. I'll try to change that and post later.

I won the Sporter100 by a large margin Tuesday morning and received the attached National Champion plaque. Targets attached. Enlarge to see the group measurement. This is one of my all time best Aggregates. My teen Agg for 5 groups of 5 shots each was a .1634 and second place was .1832...smoked em.....:winner My largest group was a little over .200 I receive 1 Hall Of Fame point for the win. You can only get HOF points at the 2 Nationals held annually. I now have 5 and need 10 to get in. The HOF has been in existence for over 70 years and there are around 50 members. My other best placing was second in the five groups of 10 shots each at the Unlimited 200 yd stage. No points for second place/first loser.

I placed well in all but 2 categories and finished 22nd in the 2 Gun, 18th in the 3 Gun and 11th in the 4 Gun. A long tiring week, but it helps when things go good and you have several top 10 and top 20 finishes in the different categories.
This just means we have to be further away to be safe from you. :back

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dave what can I say but congrats and great luck in future nationals. Very impressed.
Hey, this is fly season around here for those big prewinter ones. I'm worn out swatting in the shop as they get in around the overhead doors. If you are planning an east coast trip could you pack one of your competition "pea shooters".
Again Congratulations:bow
Robert

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Congradulations Big Guy!!!!! We are all proud of you and you accomplishments!!!!!!
Now......can I borrow some money?????

I invested it all in barrels, bullets, and travel expenses.....sorry....:winner But I did get this present from Tooth for delivering his heads from Thompson. Had company one afternoon after the match and they drank it all and ate most of my jerky and Pine River cheese spread.:dunno2

Attachments

• 16523.jpeg
    16523.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm impressed Dave. I too participated in some competition.
just got back from a Fly-in near Ft Worth last weekend where I competed in bean-bag bombing, balloon pop and spot landings.......I popped 1 lousy balloon and didn't even get a T-shirt.:doh:dunno:juggle

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well Dave, congratulations on your results
Where does this put you in the race for the USA teams this year?
I guess they might not have a world champs next year with this virus thing but i hope you go well in that race.
Is this your new gun?
You must have things tuned well at the moment

Steve

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well Dave, congratulations on your results
Where does this put you in the race for the USA teams this year?
I guess they might not have a world champs next year with this virus thing but i hope you go well in that race.
Is this your new gun?
You must have things tuned well at the moment

Steve

Well Steve, I went to 3 of 5 qualifying matches and shot so bad at the first one I was out of the running. South Africa really wasn't high on my destination list anyhow. If this phoney virus keeps it up they may cancel the World match next year and qualifying will start over.

Congratulations Dave, quite a competition. Quite a setup you have, Was very impressive to see. The range was impressive too! :good

Thanks Tooth, and thanks again for the presents.