need 63 impala convt top help.

mark uhri

new to forum. I need to get some pictures of the inside of a convertible top, for the pads, rear window, boot well and such. Also need to know how the piece of ttrim on the back bow attaches. Please help me...

Thanks
Mark

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mark,are you talking about the rear trim(snaps on it) that attaches to the top of body where top comes down and connects to rear of car(just below rear window and also goes to side windows).Also exactly are you looking for in a way of pictures of pads and and rear window.The rear window is held on with the retainer bracket that goes around underneath the rear boot.Get back,will try to help you out as much as I can. John

mark uhri

I am trying to install the convertible top material onto the frame. as well as installing a new well boot. what is the proper position of the pads on the frame. how is the boot well installed, how is the strip on the back bow of the top attached/fastened.(the piece that goes across the top and has the chrome ends on it) above the back window on the convertible top.

thanks
mark

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mark,I sent a PM to you.Get back to me with your E-Mail address.I have a few pictures of the pads and rear window installation I can send you.. The pad is attached by staples that are installed by stapling them to the cork or hard rubber that is attached the top supports and braces.If you do not have the cork or rubber attached to the braces,it is avialiable at any of the better convertible top companies advertised in Hemmings.The window is stapled to the top brace to the rear of the top just above the window..The bottom end of the window is attached to the 3 braces that bolts into the body around the boot area.If you do not have that "u" type brace,that also can be purchased from any of the better convertible part companies. John