Need a belly tank

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No I am not going to bolt it to the 64! But I do have a racing buddy that is interested in buying one to make a nostalgia bonneville racer for his museum. Asked Cecil already and he didn't have one so thought I would see if any of you fellas know of any for sale or that are hanging around. Let me know.....thanks.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
There was one for sale recently on the HAMB board. You might post a want ad. Also, I would call SoCal Speed shop(the original one)

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Mile Hi, I found that fella on HAMB. He is out in Salt Lake but his are 21 feet long and would be expensive to ship. I'll keep looking and may call SoCal to see if they have any ideas.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Thanks Mile Hi, I found that fella on HAMB. He is out in Salt Lake but his are 21 feet long and would be expensive to ship. I'll keep looking and may call SoCal to see if they have any ideas.

Walt: Don't worry about shipping. A couple of years ago a Missouri member bought a boat in California and an Arizona member drove to get the boat and delivered it to him in Missouri. No names mentioned:roll:roll
robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
And the Arizona member is currently unemployed...notice I did not say unemployable........and could possibly be talked into making the trip!!!!

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey that certain unmentioned member could bolt it to the belly of his Spad and fly it there. It could do double duty get him there non stop and be made into a race car after.:DRoy

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
And the Arizona member is currently unemployed...notice I did not say unemployable........and could possibly be talked into making the trip!!!!

I'm in for gas and expenses. It's only MONEY! :deal
Roy, My "Spad" unfortunately, doesn't have the hardpoints to mount the tank. I could mount two 50 cal gun pods though.

Walt, I'll make a couple of calls to some friends in Tucson to see if they have acquired any lately. The ones they had before were 300 gal and pretty beat up.....probably wouldn't hold fuel but might work for your application. I think they were all sold though.:dunno

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good idea Cecil, thanks. By the way what is av gas selling for these days in your market:eek::eek: And how many miles to the gallon does that Spad get anyway........................might make a few of us feel better about what we are getting with our W's:brow

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Good idea Cecil, thanks. By the way what is av gas selling for these days in your market:eek::eek: And how many miles to the gallon does that Spad get anyway........................might make a few of us feel better about what we are getting with our W's:brow

Haven't bought any avgas lately but generally it runs at least a dollar more than mogas....$5+ I'm sure.
In long range cruise at 1700 rpm and about 28" MAP she burns about 39-40 GPH. That gives an indicated airspeed of about 170 Knots and true airspeed (corrected for air density and temp) of approx. 190 knots at 8500 ft. Add tailwind or subtract headwind to get speed over the ground
On the other end, just playing around,(which is much more fun than staight and level) with higher rpm it's 100-200 GPH.:eek:It's kinda like comparing drag racing in a 409 to a Sunday cruise in a VW.

Other than legal issues with the FAA Medical Certification, that's why I don't fly anymore.:mad:

dunhamfield

Well Known Member
avgas

I am selling 100LL for $4.29 a gal right now, but hate to see what it will be for the next load. My "W" engine loves it. I am burning around 4 GPH according to my Grand Rapids Technologies EIS system.
You dont need no stinkin medical. Just fly low:brow