Need Help!

bbq2

I need the bottom trim tabs for the rear glass for a 62 bubbletop. This is for the outside stainless trim on the bottom. They make the top and the sides but not the bottom. Go figure. Phil Reed is sending me one. He only has two. Anybody run across this problem? Phil said the trim for the 61 impala is different , wider. Help. Jeff

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Try calling Restoration Specialties in Windber Pa. 814-467-9842. They had the rear window clips for my 64 post that no one else had. Hope you find them. Let us know how you make out. Walt

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
These are the clips that hold the stainless on? Are they specific to the 62 Bel Air 2 door sport sedan only?

Don

bbq2

Yes Don. They make the sides and the top but dont make the bottoms. My painter thinks he threw them away thinking they would be easy to find. Thanks Walt, I will call them. Jeff

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
According to my newly acquired 53-63 Chevrolet Body Mouldings and Attaching Parts Catalogue, the 61 Impala and Bel Air Sport Coupe lower back glass moulding 4807728-29 clip is 4810792 showing 2 per side required. The 62 Bel Air Sport Coupe shows the same clips but also shows 4657731 clip with 5 per side required. I would think both the 61 and 62 would be the same. Other than a misprint, I don't know why the 61 doesn't also show the 731 clips.:dunno
The 4657731 clips were very common and used on some Corvettes, Corvairs, and Chevy II's. I could find no other application for the 792 clips.

bbq2

So Cecil, the 4657731 clips are for the bottom? As I stated, Hubbards has the top and sides. They were sent to my body man. Phil Reed said that the trim for the 61 Impala and the trim for the 62 bubbletop are different. Different clip? Cecil, how would I find that clip based on that part number? Thanks, Jeff

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
So Cecil, the 4657731 clips are for the bottom? As I stated, Hubbards has the top and sides. They were sent to my body man. Phil Reed said that the trim for the 61 Impala and the trim for the 62 bubbletop are different. Different clip? Cecil, how would I find that clip based on that part number? Thanks, Jeff

Jeff,
What Phil said in his post was that the 62 Impala is different than the 61-62 bubble. I just checked my 61 Parts Catalogue and it shows the 731 clip on the 61 sport coupe as well a the 792 clip. I don't have a 62 parts book to verify what happened to the 792 clip, but usually in the back of the parts catalogue is a list of part numbers that were discontinued or replaced by another part number. If someone has that list, it may show a replacement clip part number. The 731 clip was used on many chevy back glass reveal mouldings from 55 to at least 62 and probably later. It was used on 61 (and 62)sport coupe and 61 sport sedan on the upper and lower and also on the side on the sport sedan. ... Also on 55-57 chevy upper .The group number is 11.309 in the parts catalogue.
As far as I can tell, the mouldings and clips should be the same for 61 Impala and both the 61 and 62 Bel Air sport coupes. The 731 clips should be fairly easy to find used, if not repro, but I don't have a pic of one to tell what they look like. The 792 clip must have been either discontinued or replaced after about 67.
Buick, Olds, Pontiac, and maybe Cadillac should have used the same clips in 61.
:dunno