needs to be rescued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Sure does Dave. Maybe we should set up an old Chevy Rescue league like the animal rescue leagues. When someone does something stupid to one of our treasures we just go and take it away from them. :brow

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's a cryin' shame, a sacrilege, that someone would do such a thing, to an
automobile with such class when in O.E.M. condition. :cuss:takethat:cuss

Makes me sad.:cry

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sure does Dave. Maybe we should set up an old Chevy Rescue league like the animal rescue leagues. When someone does something stupid to one of our treasures we just go and take it away from them

If it was a dog we could take it away & then press charges.

Dave

Brian64SS

Well Known Member
A little something from the Dictionary

Before my youngest son was born 4 years ago people mis-using the word "retard" bothered me a little.

Now that I have a child with Down syndrome it bothers me enough to speak up. Retarded doesn't mean anything like foolish, careless or inconsiderate. It definitely doesn't mean anything like criminal or insane. My son and other retarded people are none of those things. He's behind other children his age in all areas of development but he's a great little guy who is a whole lot of fun to be around. His two favorite things are watching Blue's Clues and riding in our '64 Chevy.

It had to be said.

bobs409

Administrator
Sorry Brian, I mean't no disrespect when I said that and I know Roger didn't either when he replied to my post.

I appologize. :hug

Bob

Before my youngest son was born 4 years ago people mis-using the word "retard" bothered me a little.

Now that I have a child with Down syndrome it bothers me enough to speak up. Retarded doesn't mean anything like foolish, careless or inconsiderate. It definitely doesn't mean anything like criminal or insane. My son and other retarded people are none of those things. He's behind other children his age in all areas of development but he's a great little guy who is a whole lot of fun to be around. His two favorite things are watching Blue's Clues and riding in our '64 Chevy.

It had to be said.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
from a Dictiionary/not taking sides

v. tr.
To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede.

v. intr.
To be delayed.

n.
A slowing down or hindering of progress; a delay.
Music A slackening of tempo.

Retarded applied to human development happened after the first uses of the word in the printed language. Still used to refer to backwoods or slow people, engine timing or music tempo.

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
I think Brian was taking exception to the word used in a derogatory manner. IMHO those who abuse classic automobiles are more aptly descrided as idiots or dumb a$$es.

Brian64SS

Well Known Member
Thanks

Thanks Bob. :hug I doubt many people want to know more about this subject so I'll move on.

This '61 reminds me of another one. Some of you on this forum might remember a story I told a few years ago about my wife's uncle's '61 sport coupe. He's the original owner. He parked it in his barn in the early 70's after a minor traffic accident. 90,000 miles, 348, 3 x 2, 3-speed on the column, black w/red interior.

The car is still in the same place. His health is poor but due to some falling out in the family (unrelated to my wife and I) he won't even let me see the car. :cry I try to tell my wife how good a '61 348 would look in the garage next to the '64 409 but she's says one is enough. :nono1: Other than that, she's a great wife. :)

That's right, John. I didn't see your reply until after I sent mine.

I'll add this: I used to think somehow my family was protected from unusual events. Then a surprise like our son's disability comes from out of the blue, by no one's fault. It can't help but change a guy's perspective.

Two weeks ago my neighbor was feeling fine, then BAM! Brain anyurism. He's in tough shape. He would be happy to run, laugh and play like my son can. Life is fragile.

God bless.

gabriel-cestaro

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
talking about a 1961 348 last week i had to go wire up some pumps for a towing company well i had to use tomtom to found this place back in a home development older one so i was talking to the owner while i was working and i said something about my 62 he says to me when you get done we will go for a walk so i finish up and he takes me to a back building and shows me his 55 t- bird-32 ford hot rod -55 Chevy then he turns to me and says we need to go to my house across the street brings me to another building 3 corvettes and to another a 52 caddy a destso 63 impala ss and then another building a 64 ss impala and a 1961 348 impala original 4 speed car i think the fellow thought i would never leave he did tell me if i wanted the car he would sell it $40,000 i know where it is but the more i though about it if i had the money i would hot rod it out and it was just to nice to do that to ????????????:clap:clap:clap

Status
Not open for further replies.