New 327

jr.W

Well Known Member
Here is the 327 that will go in my dads 56.
1968 327
291 heads (1.94/1.5) pocket ported.
10.25 to 1
isky 292 mega cam with roads lifters.:beerbang
roller rockers
old style performer intake, Q-jet

All most finished and ready for cam break in.
Hope fully no flat lobes.:dunno

Attachments

• Motor 7 w.jpg
    Motor 7 w.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 129
  • rocker arms w.jpg
    rocker arms w.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 327-2.jpg
    327-2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 119
  • 327-1.jpg
    327-1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 327 side w.jpg
    327 side w.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 131

jr.W

Well Known Member
Rotella was my plan with eos, but I see the label on the rotella bottle has
changed in the last couple months and so has the ci-4 designation.
Does any one know where to find info on the zinc content.:dunno

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
The bottle has changed. I realize that now that you said that. I know our store (Im an advanced auto parts employee) still has a few of the old. You might ask just to be sure.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok I gotta bite :D
Only the Green for me!

Penn Grade 1® Racing Oils come from the oldest continuously operating refinery in the USA (former Kendall Refinery).

We refine only 100% Pennsylvania Grade crude oil. A unique cut off our tower and green color distinguishes our racing oils from the competition.

Pennsylvania Grade crude oil is a unique, thermally stable paraffinic crude that makes an excellent choice for refining into lubricating base stocks

The American Refining Group's Bradford Refinery is the home of "THE GREEN OIL"TM that racers and engine builders have come to know and love.

100% Made in the USA

You might remember it under another name K

jr.W

Well Known Member
penn grade 1

Where do I find penn grade 1 I have not heard of it. Valvoline racing oil , is it available in straight 30 or just 20/50. Thanks jr.W

p.s
I had also thought of trying the Joe Gibbs break in oil but I will guess it would
be expensive.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I used valvoline VR1 50 weight for the break in but have been running 20-50 since then. I also used EOS and THOROUGHLY primed the engine. Don't stop until oil is coming out of the push rods in the front. Also turn the engine over (by hand) at least one full revolution while priming.
Ross

jr.W

Well Known Member
Update

Just a little update on the little 327. We broke the cam in on my engine start up
stand a couple of weeks ago. Break in went well , all lobes still in tact.:) :cool: :D
It will hopefully be in the car in a couple of weeks if it isn't to hot out. If it gets
much over 80 dad won't move out of his chair in the ac. Will update when it is
in the car,maybe with video.

jr.W