new 409 oil pans

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
FYI... Harmmons just called and said the new 409 oil pans are in and shipping. I should get mine on Tues or Wed he said. $299.00 I will be watching prices on ebay to see what happens.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Let us know how they look and fit when yours arrives!! From the picture they look really good.
Ross

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got my pan today from Harmons, good weight...better than I was expecting, haven't had a chance to check alignment yet...but so far so good

Tim

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
dipstick tube

Can I use a BBC dipstick and tube on the stock 409 pan? I forgot about the hole in the windage tray. I want to get it all aligned. Thought it would be quicker to just run over to Chevy and pick one up, can always re-mark the full on the stick.

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Harmon's usually is a little more expensive but I use them at times because they are fairly close for me. I guess I have it pretty good, Harmon's and Paddocks are both less than an hour drive.

SteveD

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I would guess

Pretty sure everybody selling the same aftermarket pan. By the way, mine is on and fits quite nicely. I used a Lokar 502 Big block Dipstick with minor filing on the entry point.

Attachments

• lokar.jpg
    lokar.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 73