New '58 Member

Jens

Well Known Member
Hi,
I 've been lurking around for a bit & I thought I'd finally pop in and introduce myself.
( I hope this is the correct forum for this).
I already know some of you guys from the other chevy site,
but... I always enjoy meeting new faces.
I have a '59 delivery project with a 348. And a few other chevys too.
Here's a couple of them...

58motelgoodguys%20002.jpg

Jens :D

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Jens !

Glad to see you in this forum. I never noticed your wagon is a two door also !! Cool... wish mine as sharp as yours :cry

JokersBel

Banned
Wow I like that trailer...it's different than the rear end ones mostly seen...lots of work for it too! I just hope a good restorable car wasn't chopped for the sheet metal.

I HAVE NEVER, nor expect to, part out ANY car!!! :D

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have a 58 Bel Air and of course I think that the 58 was the best looking of all the X frame Chevrolets. I saw a picture of your trailer on another site. I'm printing this one so I can save it, if you don't mind. I wish that I was bucks up to have a stationwagon too but I'll have to be satisfied with one car. Yours is one that I can envy and drool over. Please come to the convention in Sept. and join and support this site. Bob has one of the best things going here and we would like for it to become a steamroller for X frame cars and W engines. :cheers Roy

Jens

Well Known Member
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :D
This looks like a pretty cool site. (Pretty laid back & informative).
I'm alot like you.. . I love working on old Chevys, and don't mind getting dirty doing it !

But I must warn you... I'm new to the "W" block thing, and I'm starting to get fever for them. And I hear there is no cure !:eek:

On the trailer... I first built it in '88 and then totally re did it again two years ago. It also has "409" fender badges (just for fun).
It was made from an original '58 Nomad parts wagon that had rust free fenders. ( Sorry). :evil
So where's this "convention" at in Sept. your talking about ?:confused:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Come to KC in September

Our newest member, Jens from Iowa asks:

So where's this "convention" at in Sept. your talking about ?

We are planning to meet in the Kansas City area, which compared to others cannot be very far away for you. I ope you make the effort to attend, because you will have the "409 fever" after seeing the efforts of the folks in this Forum.

Nice setup -- you should bring that so we can see it first hand!

Cheers,

Tom K
Columbia, MO

Jens

Well Known Member
Thanks for the invite
The convention sounds intriguing.:cheers
And K.C. is only 170 miles from my backyard !
But the '58 only has a 327 in it. ( probably would not qualify) ?

The '59 SD has a good running 348...but is not quite ready for "prime time" .
What should I do ? :cuss

59_348.jpg

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well it is 348-409 convention that is not going to have a bunch of competition except at the drag strip. The main thing will be just being there in person. We would like as many W engine cars as possible to be there. I for one would like to see finished and un finished cars there. Since it is a convention and not a car show the pressure should be off those people who are afraid that their car will not be up to par. There are going to be a lot of knowledgable experts, who hopefully we can siphon off a little of their knowledge, there. As to bringing the 58 or 59 well if you're only 170 miles, bring both. :cheers Roy

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I'd bring the 59! I for one actually like works-in-progress more than all-out show cars. I'd rather dig around in brush looking at rusty old Chevys than wander around a paved parking lot looking at show cars. (O.K. maybe it's a toss up) :D Everyone please bring your fixer upper with Chubby valve covers! We want to see it! :) NUT

Jens

Well Known Member
Well I know I'd prefer to take the '59.
But there's some "issues " I have to deal with first... Like uh, maybe putting in THE GAS TANK first ! :eek:
You see, the pic of the '59 was taken last Feb. when I first bought it. We pulled it out of an old garage it has been sitting in, untouched for 15 years !
(That explains the dust all over it).

But the '58 on the other hand, is ready to rock & roll.

Hmmm... alot of progress can happen between now & then . And I guess I still have 9 months to decide on which baby to bring to the "dance" ! :D
babydance.gif

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
'59 it, Jens, and have your daughter drive the '58 down. :)

Time and $$$ permitting, we'll be going with our '59 SD. Don't think our wagons quite qualify.

Jens

Well Known Member
Ahhh... Mike ,
You remembered the daughter pic !:D
You know..."The Iowa gang" searched in vain, all day for you in the sweltering heat at Des Moines goodguys show last July.
So you still owe us a cold one !
Maybe we can finally meet up in K.C and park together. :cheers
'59 SD's shouldn't be too hard to spot, eh ?
'59fins said he wants be there with his all new '59/348 hardtop too !

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Speaking of daughters,,,,,,,,,, I`m single and looking !!!

Or any other singles gals wanting a nice laid back car guy!!!:deal

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Jens,
I remember seeing your 58s drive by me saturday night up at goodguys this summer in DesMoines! I think someone from the lead 58 said the 409 powered trailer was pushing the wagon along!! Welcome to the club!
Ross

Welcome in, Jens :cheers
I'm with "NUT" ( I know... which one of them ?;) )
The 59... ABSOLUTELY !!!!
I too, think I prefer unfinished cars. Maybe it's the anticipation... planning... knowing that you CAN make it "better".