rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I wonder if they have the same surface pattern as an original 61 piece

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
floor mounted

Check the pic. Radio is mounted below the glove box door. Would have to cut your own holes.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"I wonder if they have the same surface pattern as an original 61 piece"

Rstreet,
There is someone marketing a repo dash piece for a '61 now. I bought one just to see what the quality was. The piece looks nice but the black lines are twice as wide as the factory peice. Also, at this time, they are only making the main piece, no ash tray cover or glove box cover so until they repo those peices, it's useless because of the width of the lines.
The guy did tell me that they were working on the other two pieces. When all 3 pieces are available, they won't look too bad cause the line width won't be so noticable.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Real61ss

I think we both saw that piece at Carlisle this summer(GM) Yes, the lines were off a little but I thought:D the surface pattern was different. I don't really need the dash peice for mine but when all three come out it should help allot of people. I must have spoken with a different person because he didn't indicate any more pieces were coming.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think those guages would be hard to see with a stock steering column and wheel. Other wise nice,,,dq

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
Uhh... the stock dash has the same sized gauges in the same location. They aren't hard to see.

If you've got a car with billet pieces, this dash trim would probably fit right in. If you're going for a stock look, this piece isn't what you want.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
dq409 said:
I think those guages would be hard to see with a stock steering column and wheel. Other wise nice,,,dq

:doh Been so long since I`ve been inside my car I forgot !!!!
I just remember not being able to see the guages,,,, but it`s my tach that is in the way,,,, o well,,,,,