New 61 - 62 Grab Bars now available

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Eric at Chevrolet Restoraion World has reproduced the 61 - 62 Grab Bars!!!
On our way back from the Thompson 409 Shootout we stopped by his shop and was able to see it. It is very top notch!!

GrabBar.jpg

NOW ACCEPTING ORDERS FOR OUR NEW 1961-62 IMPALA-SS GRAB BAR. AVAILABLE IN 2-3 WEEKS, IN BLACK OR RED.

Part # B283000 BLACK
Part # B283005 RED

COST IS $279.00 EA

RESTORATION WORLD
PHONE 937-236-5233
FAX 937-236-5214
WWW.RESTO-WORLD.COM

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That would look good on the 62 Bel Air. I guess you can have a 62 Bel Air SS if you can have a 62 Impala bubbletop eh Brian? You could get big money for something that rare at Barrett Jackson, either one.

Don

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Wonder what that will do for the value of a NOS Red one!!
robert

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Wonder what that will do for the value of a NOS Red one!!
robert

Any one willing to shell out what an NOS one would bring, probably doesn't want a reproduction one to begin with. Hopefully the quality is better than most of the aftermarket stuff is.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Any one willing to shell out what an NOS one would bring, probably doesn't want a reproduction one to begin with. Hopefully the quality is better than most of the aftermarket stuff is.

Kevin-

You are right about that! As far as the quality, I only the saw the chrome part when I stopped by there and it looked great!. He was still trying to find a source for the pad. PUI said no. Eric has always been straight with me about the quality of things when I order them from him. If he doesn't like it, he would tell me so.

He had the chrome part hanging on the wall behind the counter for a couple weeks and nobody even noticed it...that is until I walked in there. It was the first thing I saw while I was talking to him!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:eek::roll:roll:roll:roll:roll

I'm thinking I should have put my grab bar up on ebay before posting this!!!

I was planning on listing mine this week.....guess I am still going to.....had saved it for about 20 years to use on my parents' 61 Impala, but it was sold 2 years ago. Was hoping I'd get $150 for the bar with both brackets, but when word of this gets out I'll be lucky to give it away. Funny how the restoration business is such a mixed blessing. Wish someone would hurry up with Bel Air side moldings. Was recently given an estimate of $905.00 to redo the 6 main pieces plus the Y-moldings. :eek:

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Put your bar on the for sale section here. If it's in good shape, you will get your 150.00 I personally guarantee it. ;)

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Put your bar on the for sale section here. If it's in good shape, you will get your 150.00 I personally guarantee it. ;)

I will give it a try. It's honestly not in the best shape, but that's why I was hoping to get $150 instead of the prices I've been seeing them go for. Chrome has pitting and the vinyl is faded out until what once was red looks mostly grey. Thought about vinyl dye, but didn't want to possibly ruin it??