New Best and the MRHP Curse

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
New best of 10.44 @ 129.25 with a 60 ft of 1.43. I am elated! The 1.43 is great because I only did that once before with brand new slicks and a fresh clutch. Now I have the car figured out where I could do it with a worn clutch and 3 year old slicks. Having the rear shocks re-valved was the ticket I was looking for. I knew they were too stiff but everybody said that wasn't the problem so I kept beating my head against the wall trying everything else when it was the shocks all along. Kind of proud of myself and that doesn't happen often! My previous best was et was a 10.53 in late October with temps hovering around 50 and bone dry air. Today the temps were upper 70's with a density altitude of around 2500 feet. As for the curse, I was in the same right lane as Brian was yesterday and the clutch slipped bad out of no where. So I added some pressure and tried it again. On the burnout, it smoked the clutch instead of the tires! I didn't think a sintered iron disc could give off an odor when it is cooked :laugh4. So the clutch is done and I'm still a happy camper!