New crank

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
So what do you think the FED EX guys couldn't pick it up?? Shoot it's lighter than my Pontiac cranks!

Bearings are at Polydyn getting coated, pistons should be done this week.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 97

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
New parts arrival

Don't you just love it when a plan begins to come together?

Looks like that crank wants to shed it's cardboard container :).

Now you're going to be waiting for the door bell to ring again!

Cheers!
TomK

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
The tracking for it listed it as 69 lbs, my scale showed 66-must have been 3 lbs of cardboard I guess!

Now to get it all in, mock it up for deck height and to see if we need to notch the cylinders for the exhaust valves!

60Impala4Dad

Well Known Member
OUCH! Is there ANY concern about the crank being thrown around? My "teachers" have always said to store a crank standing up when storing it for long periods, or leave it inside the block on the bearings. If it was dropped or thrown into the fedex truck could it have been bent?

Doc

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
4" Eagle.

Buildup -4" crank,6.385 rods JE pistons. 65 340 HP block 4.325 bore. Edelbrock heads ported. Edelbrock intake to match. 600 or 750 Eddy carbs depending on dyno results. Looking hard at the Comp solid roller XE lobe with 248 @ 0.050 duration.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just for your info Skip..... the 555 HP stroker we dyno'ed just had 500 CFM Edelbrocks on it.

Dave

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What Dave said. The 500s will give better mid range A/F than the 600s, even with dyno jet changes. . I know the 600s seems like the best pick for a stroker, but the 500s are better in my opinion. Looking hard at Comp solid roller?? Good luck.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Heard Comp may be out of cores so might have to look at Bullet/UD lobes. Had good luck with their lobes in the past.

Got the 750s with a Pontiac dual quad a few years ago so just freshening them not much cost to them, figure why not try them.

Hopefully will get the wide band hooked up for the dyno also when we get there.