New forum upgrade

bobs409

Administrator
As you can most likely tell, the forum has been updated and looks a whole lot different.

I will be getting some other styles for the look so users can choose a few different ones. This default style is a bit light and hard to see the new posts. I'll leave it as an option for anyone that does like it however.

There are a few pics missing like the main logo and the links from the top are gone but I'll be working on restoring those today.

If you find anything that is not working or that you don't like, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

:hug

62BillT

Well Known Member
I really liked the old board, but I'm just an old goat that doesn't like changes. But I'm sure it is for improved reasons.

I was actually on the board yesterday when it went "off the air".

Bill

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice work Bob...

Looks great, and runs real nice. Its never fun doing a big upgrade.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, Thanks for all your hard work in keeping this forum up to date and safe for us. One thing I noticed is we can't get to the site map or the other information without going back to the home page. Also I don't see the icons? OOPPS Figrued that out need to click on the go advanced button....:scratch

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Works great for me,and seems to have corrected an anoying problem on my home notebook computer.:cool:That same problem never reared it's ugly head on my work machine.:dunno:dunno

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The older I get the more resistant to change I get......Glad this was a fix to whatever problem some were having....I never had any problems maybe I was just lucky......Just curious with this "New" product...when I look at today's post some envelope icons are red and others grey....can anyone explain this or do I need to go back to school :dunno

bobs409

Administrator
The older I get the more resistant to change I get......Glad this was a fix to whatever problem some were having....I never had any problems maybe I was just lucky......Just curious with this "New" product...when I look at today's post some envelope icons are red and others grey....can anyone explain this or do I need to go back to school :dunno

If you go back to the forum page where you see these icons, near the bottom is an icon legend that shows what each means. I personally HATE them and I'm looking for some new style options to add. Will have some choices soon.

bobs409

Administrator
That's the main thing! We can work out the design theme easy enough. I'm just glad the bugs have been evicted. (so far anyway) :pray

Works great for me,and seems to have corrected an anoying problem on my home notebook computer.:cool:That same problem never reared it's ugly head on my work machine.:dunno:dunno

S

Swiss Impala

Thank you for your work. I like this forum very much, but I liked the old version more.
I just tell this because I want to be honest. So this (my) opinion is the opinion of
the smallest minority in this forum, from the other side of the Atlantic. Swiss Impalas,
a breed that is going to die out.:cry:cry
May be I should better keep shut my mouth.

Franz

62BillT

Well Known Member
I forgot all about the problem some were having. I guess I forgot mainly because I never had a bit of trouble with it. I wonder why some did and some didn't?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
If you find anything that is not working or that you don't like, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

:hug

Can we get back the..........................................................frogs?????? :bow:bow:bow:clap:clap:clap I really miss them!!!!!:roll:roll:roll

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Not sure what others think, layout looks good but feel the contrast and font sizes on the old pages made it much easier to read.:eek::eek:

bobs409

Administrator
I changed the icons on the main forum page. Much easier to see when new posts are there.

Still looking for other styles to add. Will take some time...

P.S. Phil, I looked all over for the frogs but can't find them. :D I did find the old traffic lights we used once. :)

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Can we get back the..........................................................frogs?????? :bow:bow:bow:clap:clap:clap I really miss them!!!!!:roll:roll:roll

Surely you can not be referring to that silly frog they showed us kids on TV back in the mid 1950s ----- you are much too young!

There was a TV show (black & white - before color TV) in the mid 50s where a guy would say "Plunk your magic twanger froggy" and a frog would appear. True - I couldn't makeup something like that.

Google Plunk your magic twanger froggy.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
FREAKED ME OUT !!! Thought I was on a different planet!! Oppsss, know where thats going!!

Keep up the great work Bob and in the mean time i`ll figue out whats different,, dq