new guy from Minnesota

salty40

Greetings fellow 409 enthusiasts!
I am trying to post a webaddress so you fellas can see some of my photos. I'm the ugly dude with the black leather jacket sitting on the tire of my hot rod in the middle of freakin nowwhere on my way home from Bonneville last year. Some are my photos and some are from my collection from the web. I have a 36-40 Ford truck and drove her home from Utah with no heater or windows that rolled all the way up. Dumb, I guess, but fun as hell. I also have a stroker 383 in the Red Elky, a 98 SS Camaro and a Monte with a supercharger. I am addicted to cars and prefer Chevs but will settle for a hotrod with chevy power. I am currently the new owner of a 409 block (that is a bit unusual as I believe the date code is March 1971?) and plan on putting her in a 31 Ford salt car for 2009. We'll see. I once had a dump truck, in about 1973 to 1975, that was a 1965 and either a C/40 or a C/50, it was orange in color with a one rear axle and dualies with a 2 speed rear end and a four speed tranny - that had a 409, and she ran hard. A hot rod dumptruck! I remember the first time I saw those heads! Wow, I have been in love with 409's since the 1960's. I have owned a bunch of cars from Chev's to Poncho's to Mopars to F&#2's. I much prefer Chev's, I must say, and prefer big blocks too. I graduated high school in '70. I have seen a lot and have a lot to learn. I used to kiddingly say I wouldn't belong to any club that would consider having me, but you folks are a definite exception. I have been snooping around here for more than a year, and know you folks are goodhearted and knowldegable bunch and thanks for having me. Glad to be here. check out some of my pix at http://metrochemical.spaces.live.com I have more to add, too.
Lane aka Salty40 http://metrochemical.spaces.live.com

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Lane, Welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing your pics. Never been to speed week but alot of my friends go down. Would love to make it some time. Your rig is bad...:clap

SpeedyV10

Hi Lane,

Good to see another Minnesota guy!!!! The truck looks awesome, but I really like your camaro!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you around this summer! Back to the 50's and the Summer Nats are like a second home to me.

If you are interested, a bunch of us Camaro guys go to brainerd every year to run the road course. We get great driver training if you have never done it, and it is just a group of great guys. Shoot me a pm if you have any interest!!!!

Matt

96 Z/28 Vert