new guy here

58 YEOMAN

Hello all. New guy here. Just got a '58 yeoman (4 door). it's just a 283/glide car for now. I hope to find a 348/409 for it in the future. It's gonna be a early 60's style mild custom. I've always been of a fan of the x-frame cars. My father has a '63 impala that he has owned since nov of '64. it was a 327/300hp 4-speed car, but has had 302/4 speed in it since '72. I look forward to being part of your community. :cheers Eric

58 YEOMAN

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1733906

This is the best i can do as far as pics go. It's a link to my my space page. If the link doesn't work/you can't access the phot's let me know i'll do my best to try and post them up.
Keep in mind i (along with a friend) DROVE to tulsa oklahoma from new jersey to get this car. about 1,400 miles one way. I'm just glad it was in the condition that was described.

As time and money allow, it's getting dics, 605 power steering, 4-bbl, exhaust and some other things.
I eventually hope to paint it purple and white, with purple scallops and torq thrust style wheels.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Nice Car! Here I'll help with pics. I pulled this one over. Nice buy!

l_4b314403df8a4e6192988c70e15073fe.jpg

Keep us up to date on the changes you're making.

gbafus

Well Known Member
As time and money allow, it's getting dics, 605 power steering, 4-bbl, exhaust and some other things.
I eventually hope to paint it purple and white, with purple scallops and torq thrust style wheels.

WELCOME, ERIC!:cheers
Nice to see another '58 owner here!:beerbang
Don't mess around with 605 steering. Get a CPP 500 series gearbox. $319 on ebay:deal I recently upgraded from 605. A big improvement!

mossberg

Hello!

What a nice car. As already said, nice to see a new 58 owner here.
I look forward to hear more reports from what you will do to your Yeoman

Was interested to hear about your plans for a 605 power-steering kit from Ecklers.
I have the same plans, maybe next winter, to convert my 58 Impala from the manual steering to either the original type "help cylinder" steering, or make the total conversion to a 605 steering with separate pump and new steering-gear from Ecklers.

Over here in Sweden the old type power steering doesn´t have so good reputation - everybody recommends the type 605 kit.

Would be interesting to hear if somebody had some experience of this.

58 YEOMAN

My car has the original style power steering, but it leaks out just as fast as you can fill it. And since i'm going to an alternator, i can't really use the older style pump. I'll update pics when i can, but it's pretty much just getting locked in the garage for the wonderful jersey winter ahead.