New here from Texas

larry t

Well Known Member
Hey folks,
I'm new here. I've built a couple of 409's, but am still a rookie about their ins and outs.
I'm thinking about building a Stroker W motor for a 55 Chevy racecar I have and figure this is a good place to keep up on what's going on in the 348/409 world.
Thanks,
Larry T

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
You got that right, some great W motor knowledge abounds within this website. I just keep reading and learning.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Larry, What part of the state are you in?? We do some racing with a 409 Chevy II in the northeast part of the state. Plenty with knowledge on this site. Just ask. :) :)

larry t

Well Known Member
Welcome Larry, What part of the state are you in?? We do some racing with a 409 Chevy II in the northeast part of the state. Plenty with knowledge on this site. Just ask. :) :)

I live in Vernon, just west of Wichita Falls. When I get to the track, it's usually Wichita Falls or Kennedale. Let me know if you ever run at one of them, and I'll try to come and check out your car.
Larry T

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey folks,
I'm new here. I've built a couple of 409's, but am still a rookie about their ins and outs.
I'm thinking about building a Stroker W motor for a 55 Chevy racecar I have and figure this is a good place to keep up on what's going on in the 348/409 world.
Thanks,
Larry T

Welcome to the site Larry.:beerbang
"A stroker W motor for a 55 Chevy racecar":deal
I've got one of those!:deal
And I'm having all kinds of fun with it.:beerbang

carniatohutchfullsizebright.jpg

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey folks,
Thanks,
Larry T

Welcome aboard! Glad to see another 409 user here.

This is a great site to be!

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Welcome Larry
all kinds of good information hear
I live outside of austin about 50 miles nw ( burnet )
their is another guy located in hamilton with 348 and 409s

we all love to see pictures and updates

:cheers
roger

larry t

Well Known Member
Guys,
Again thanks for the welcome.

Jim,
Beautiful 55, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions to ask before it's over. Here's the first--You don't know Rick Proctor do you??

Here's a picture of an engine I put together for a customer. I'm finishing up a QB for another customer right now. That's why I needed to know about BBC rockerarms.

And a picture of my 55 project. When and if I ever get it together I'm gonna run the 468 out of one of my Anglia projects until I can get the W engine together.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Larry,
Sure I know Rick. He's the head of our drag racing assn. and he also sold me this 55 Chevy. (it looked a bit different then)
That engine looks great! I really like the Moon valve covers and air cleaner.:beerbang
And I love the 55:beerbang It'll be cool with the 468 and even cooler with a stroked 409.
oct16-2005025.jpg

larry t

Well Known Member
Larry,
Sure I know Rick. He's the head of our drag racing assn. and he also sold me this 55 Chevy. (it looked a bit different then)

Jim,
I know Rick from Byron Stack's Gas/Fx Group. Kind of a small world huh? He posted some pictures of your car over there. Very Nice. I wish we could get a Drag Racing Assn. kind like yours or the East Coast Gassers deal going do here. Maybe someday.
Talk to you later,
Larry T