New kid from ohio

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Welcome, the little Falcon was one of my favorites. I had the first year Futura. Neat car, bucket seats, console, the special Futura steering wheel, anyone wanna guess what made that first year steering wheel special? Also do you know what the first year for the Futura was? You can really make these little cars badass.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Knew 2 different guys around here with 327 four speed Falcon Rancheros. Both were very fast and very scarey!!!

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
108-0886_IMG.jpg
Welcome to the site. I too really like my 1964 Ford Falcon Ranchero. Bought it off EBAY quite some years back and had it shipped from San Fransico area. It had 170 6 cylinder automatic. Drove it a couple of years until the engine swallowed an exhaust valve and Ellen had to tow me home.

On a very hot day oldest grandson "helped" me remove the 6 cylinder & auto transmission.
File0006.jpg
Don't know why grandpa is covered in grease & dirt and grandson is spic&span? I later replaced the 6 cyoinder with a 302 V8 and auto transmission from a 1968 Granada - saved the Granada rear axle and front disc brakes also but never got around to installing them in the Ranchero.

Driving the little light weight Ranchero with the 302 is lots of fun but must be careful with the old weak 6 cylinder rear axle, BUT, one day I stopped at a stop sign on a four lane street. As I was stopping in the inside lane a sporty little car stopped next to me in the outside lane. I thought the young man might want to impress his girl friend (show off his car) and accelerate and pull in front of me since the street changed to two lane a bit down the way. I took this as a challenge and we both took off. The Ranchero got the best of him.

Last edited:

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A neighbor won a Kellogg's (Corn Flakes?) 62 or so Falcon in a contest- a white convertible, red interior, pretty little car.

Don

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Jason, The "fast and scary" part was the 327, not the Ford part.:poke
You've got that right!!! Neither were stock 327's either. Both were cammed and had "double hump" heads ..... One was a 365HP vette motor to start with.
One of the guys who had one of them now has a Vega with a 383 small block and T56 six speed in it (among other cars/trucks....all stick shifts).

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Jason, before the 409, I had a 350 horse (L79) 327 in my 62 Impala for a couple years and that little 327 would lay some rubber.:burnout

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome Mike......nice ride....come on in:crazy:crazyThe last time I was in a Falcon the guy wrecked it.:doh:dunnoMerry Christmas to you and yours.