New member from Mobile, Al

9664imp

image.jpg Hello everyone, glad to be a part of this group. My first car when I turned 16 was a 64 2 door impala. I no longer have it, but I bought a 64 SS about two years ago that I'm in the process of redoing now. I love drag racing and really love seeing big cars that will move. Don't see a lot of them around here but I plan to change that real soon. I have a 468 I'm going to put in it and a good friend of mine does chassis work. We are going to brace up the xframe without hacking the car up to bad and make two adjustable uppers on the 9". Any threads or advice will be greatly appreciated from any of you guys.

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
:welcome Welcome aboard! Nice 64, Great color! Lot's of great info here. Keep the pics coming!:cheers

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome aboard:beer
Very sharp color, A white 64 ss was also one of my first cars back when I was 18

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the site.......from the looks of it,that 64 will be a beauty..........nice! I also like that it'll be a runner too.....good luck!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome neighbor. Beautiful car and I like your plans for it. I am building a 409 for my car after running a series (396/468/433) of big blocks in it for years. There are some really great threads on here with chassis and suspension pictures and discussions. You are definitely in the right place!
The National Convention in Great Bend, Kansas is the one big event you won't want to miss. It takes place in September and is the 2nd one. The first was in 2004......so it may be awhile before there is another of that magnitude.....if there ever is another as big as this one will be. Phil Reed is putting together a wonderful event.
Also, some of us southeastern members are looking to get together for the first time in April. We are planning to meet in Chattanooga to hang out and talk over plans for a future race/show. Nothing at all large or formal....just a way for us to meet up a few times a year hopefully. We would love to have you join us even if your car isn't finished.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice beautiful ride you got there.As you see,I'm also a fan of 64's also. I bought mine new back in the High School Years.I've owned the ride for almost 50 years,and you know "I'm still not tired of the car yet"!!! Hope You have all the luck and fun with your car.Great having You join the group..Keep those pictures coming as the restoration continues. :welcome :cheers:happy:beer

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
SSSSWWWWEEEEEEET very nice did you paint that yourself, welcome to the site, you'll fit in nice around here
but we'll probably try to talk you into a W-Head for your ride, as Jason said get that thing ready for the Big convention and if you're looking for something to do, April a few of us are planning a get together in Chattanooga come join us

martin:D