New Member from New Mexico

pv40924ss

Well Known Member
Hi,

I just joined as I am looking to re-join the classic car community full-time. I spent the last 37 years living vicariously in the classic car community thru my out-of-state family. They have had multiple Fords, Mercurys, Buicks, AMC, Plymouth, and GMC over the last 50 years and are still very active in their car club. As I near retirement in the next 18 months, I am making bigger purchases while still fully employed. One of the bigger purchases is my dream car of a convertible, or a mid-60's to early 70's El Camino.

I just removed my #1 dream car from my list, a 10-13 year old foreign convertible that is still depreciating, to go with my very close #2 dream car, a 1962-1963 Chevy Impala 409 4-speed convertible. I would also consider a 327 V8 or a 235 6 cyl powerglide but the preference is a 4-speed 409 with a 4-speed. I have left the “wanna be” contractor and motorcycle life behind and am returning to my roots with the 1962-1963 Impalas.

Why this year Impala? It was in 1986 that I sold both my 1962 white with red interior, 235 6 cyl with powerglide, Impala convertible and my 1963 saddle tan with saddle interior, 250 hp 327 with powerglide, SS coupe.

I am not in a hurry and I am aware of the cost of what I am looking to buy. My preference is one that is mostly finished and drivable, but I am also open to a mostly complete project. If any of you have such a car that you are willing to sell or know of one, please let me know.

I am looking forward to exchanging ideas and information