new member introduction.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
Hello out there.
My name is Don and I am new to this forum.
I have a '62 Impala 2 door with a V8 and a power glide transmission. I have owned it for a year now, and it is still waiting for restoration. The body is decent and the interior is pretty nice. It could use a new head liner and some other miscellaneous trim pieces. the body was sanded and mostly disassembled when I got it. It starts and runs well. I will be doing most of the mechanical work myself, and the body work will be done at a shop. The motor is not original. It is a 305. It has electronic ignition and an alternator instead of a generator. The first things I plan on doing are shocks,suspension, and a dual master cylinder, as well as new brake hoses wheel cylinders. etc... I will post some pictures tomorrow, so you can get an idea of what I am talking about. Thank you for the opportunity to join this forum. I look forward to interaction with everyone in the future.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
Thank You. I will go out to the barn in the morning and take some pictures. Meanwhile check out my Corvair that I had to sell a while back to pay taxes. I much prefer my Impala! I really like mid size sixties cars with a V8!

Attachments

• IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 33

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
Hello Jim.
I will try to keep up with pictures of the car as I go along. It will be a little slow in the Winter, because my barn is not well heated. I will be looking it over more closely this weekend because I overlooked a pretty obvious detail until this morning. You can read about it in the text that I posted with the pictures. Thanks for the welcome I am sure we will be talking soon.