Jimmy2

Hello to everyone.
I am new to this forum. I don't own a 348 or 409 car, but I like the engines. I remember the 348s when they came out in 58, I was a junior in high school then. Guess you can kind of figure my age from that. Someone posted a notice about a little 1/6 scale 327 on this forum. That engine is mine. There was a comment that it wasn't a "W". Thought I would share that The "W" is started in 1/6 scale also. Friends have loaned most of the parts I need to scale off of. It will be a 63/64 425 horse, with two fours. The other day I even located the intake manifold and carbs, which I thought would be the hardest parts to find. One question that I have though, that maybe someone can help with, is the color of those engines. Seems like they were red. Can't remember that they were orange. Anyway any help would be appreciated.
Jim

Those little engines are 1 of the neatest things I have seen in a while. I know those things must take many hours to build so how much do they sell for when completed?

Jimmy2

Thank you all for the very kind "welcomes". Don't know if it is a matter of talent, or just being to stubborn to quit. I don't have any for sale, but have considered it a little. The 327 took 7 years and about 5000 hours to complete. The price for it would be embarrassing to mention. I am sure that to produce a number of them would cut the time way, way, down. Thank you for the paint info.
Jim

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
Jimmy,

I can't even build a full size car in 7 years. Your work is absolutely amazing:bow:bow:bow

Welcome to the party:hug

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Jim:beerbangYou do some amazing work. were dose the patients come from for that.:bow

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
hey Jimmy, the Z11 was the same 4-5/16 bore and block as 409....but with a 3.65 stroke. (.150 longer) higher dome compression pistons, and intake port placement much higher and less angle. it required a different intake, and they had the sense to have a seperate valley pan. there's more info.....and it's all been written many times.

Jimmy2

No William, i'm not too far along yet. Right now I am trying to finish the dies to press out the front cover, and working on a mold for the block casting. I have the Chevrolet by the numbers book coming, but don't know yet if there are any dimensions for the Z-11. Where would I go to find dimensions, or at least some good pictures to use?
Jim