LITTLE JOHN

Just got my 1962 impala running with new 409 installed.Been racing chevys for 25 years and always wanted a 409 car.8 months ago bought nice 1962 impala with 88,000 miles on it. Of coarse right away started thinking about replacing 283 with 409 so I started to look around and found that their pretty rare but located 2. One was 65 340 hp,the other a friend told me about one in an addic above a old machine shop that was new still in wood crate.Well I went and looked and checked it out.A 409-409hp date coded b262.A short discusssion and it was mine.The owner also had the heads and 2 fours,exhaust manifolds and misc tin.It was a new short block his dad had bought out from a chevrolet dealer that was going out of business in the 60s. I took it home disassembled and re- assembled it and got it running. I have built several cars but this is diffinetly the most fun!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
littlejohn:
Welcome to the site. That 62 motorwas a nice find. I just purchased a 65 409 also. If you come to Ohio next summer with your fellow Oregon members it will be
too much to see the looks with 3 62-409's on the road

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Little John,,, Welcome and it is a pleasure to see more gearheads from the NW finally coming on board !!

If this continues we`ll have a bigger draw then those (east) Wrong Coast boys !!!:roll :roll :evil

Stay in touch and as the weather and summer get closer we`ll defiantly have to have a gathering so good that those other guys will have to travel out here !!!!

Lets see now,,, several from Idaho,,, one or two in Montana,,,more from Washington and a few from northern Cal !!!!

Hummmmmm,,, Can you say FUN TIMES AHEAD !!!!:brow ,,, dq

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
LITTLE JOHN , Welcome to this site. That was a great story about finding your engine. Lucky man.... Look forward to your input. :)

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Quote from dq
If this continues we`ll have a bigger draw then those (east) Wrong Coast boys !!!:roll :roll :evil

LITTLE JOHN, Hey great story and Damn I wish I could make a find like that.
I am going to have to agree with dq. We need to get these west coast boys together and get some gatherings out here. Lets see if we can get those East Coast guys to make the trek all the way out here. :takethat ...:cool:
Welcome to the site. This is bar none the best site on the net and the best bunch of guys and gals. :clap Dan

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Welcome Little John. It's great to have you aboard.:beerbang

You said you've been racing for 25 years so if you mean drag racing you've probably seen a couple of us at Woodburn racing our '62's.
Do you plan on racing your current project?

We do have to plan a NW gathering this year. GET YOUR CAR RUNNING DQ!!

We did have a gathering at Woodburn last summer and it was great.
I hope to meet up with you this summer, if not sooner.:cheers

Paul

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
As soon as DQ lets us know which day summer is out there we'll be out.................

if its not rainin that day:roll :p :roll :roll
Ray

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome, Little John. We need guys like you here. If I ever have enough time and $$ I'd love to come out to your side of the country. You can never have too many 09's in one place. Region Rat