Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
Just wanted to say Hi. I was brought here by a referral link found on my web site.
I live in the great Northeast, south of Boston, and north of Cape Cod.

My car may not be totally original, but it did start out as one. I have managed to replaced a few things here and there, but all in the name of performance. I may not post very much, but I do read alot. My love for 60's Chevy's and Drag Racing keeps me pretty busy.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Welcome to the site.We don't seem to have too many members from up in your area. Keep the pictures coming when you get time. Can you make it to Norwalk with that car this summer?
Robert

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Mike, Very impressive 60 model. Nice web-site also. Lots of racers on this web-site who will be interested in races you attend this year. Keep up posted.

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
Wow, Thanks for all the compliments and the welcomes. We have one long distance trip planned so far this season. We will be in Eddyville, Iowa for a race on July 14th. With all the new upgrades for this season, we're hoping to get to at least the bottom of the 7's, which should put us real close to the 200mph mark. That should be good enough to be able to put "The Worlds Fastest 1960 Chevy Belair" on the trailer.

Just got back about an hour ago from picking up the new hauler for this season, and many to come. We had to step things up a bit from last year. We were using a 2003 34' Class A motorhome. This season we'll be going in style with a 2005 35' Dynamax Grand Sport. First time I've owned a diesel, and this thing is incredible! I'll post some pictures of everything shortly.

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Ive seen pics on the net before. (Maybee NSCA??) Way cool car. Looks like your going to have a fun year. Good luck with the new set up.

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
Just a note. There is another yellow 1960 Chevy identical to mine, but that one is an Impala, and he lives in Michigan. His car has received alot of ink in the past couple of years running the NSCA circuit. I have a picture somewhere showing the two cars, but not at the same place. Scary close.

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
I just found the picture I mentioned earlier. What are the odds of two 1960 Chevys painted the same color and so close overall. Mine is on the left. It was when I had the small block in it, I got a best of 9.63 out of it before the engine exploded at the finish line.

2-60-Chevys-3.jpg

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Those 2 pics are sooo close. There was a thread about cowl hoods on a 60 on here. Thats a great look. beautiful car!! Cant wait to here how your summer goes with all the new work.