New Posting

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Back in the day when I was still racing, there was this 55 Chevy drop top setting next to this old house on Inter state 35 on the way to San Antonio Drag Way. Can't tell you how many times we stop by and ask about the car. Going to fix it up one of these days. Set there for years until there was nothing left but rust. At one time this was a straight, rust free car. It was sad to see it just waste away.:cry:wah

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Way worse than any other.
Speaking of drive shafts at Axle Exchange. No idea why but there is a 1970 Ford Torino GT setting outside of Axle Exchange that is just rotting away. People have asked about it a million times but the owner wants a fortune for it. Makes no sense. I picked up my 1961 Ford Econoline truck because the owner finally died and his kids couldn't give it away quick enough. She needs body work but every factory part is there and in great shape. Sat for 40 plus years. Thankfully the nose was up on blocks so the water ran out of the bed.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Speaking of drive shafts at Axle Exchange. No idea why but there is a 1970 Ford Torino GT setting outside of Axle Exchange that is just rotting away. People have asked about it a million times but the owner wants a fortune for it. Makes no sense. I picked up my 1961 Ford Econoline truck because the owner finally died and his kids couldn't give it away quick enough. She needs body work but every factory part is there and in great shape. Sat for 40 plus years. Thankfully the nose was up on blocks so the water ran out of the bed.
Not sure which year I think 65 they offered a 4 speed column shift transmission for the Econoline a buddy had one in high school a big difference over a 3 speed especially with the gutless six cylinder :dunno2

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not sure which year I think 65 they offered a 4 speed column shift transmission for the Econoline a buddy had one in high school a big difference over a 3 speed especially with the gutless six cylinder :dunno2
I didn't know about the column 4spd but I did have an automatic for mine until last summer. Gave it away because I wouldn't plan on keeping the 140ci motor or the Ford Transmission. Thinking 348 in the back with Zoomies straight in the air. We will see. I have a 302 setting in the back right now but just until I figure out what I'm going to do with the truck. LOL!.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Believe it or not looked just like my father-in-law‘s garage/shop. And I guarantee you if you went out there and moved one socket or screwdriver he would know it! Craziest thing I ever saw but it is too true! LOL he’s 88 now. And he and I put together a steam engine that was a single cylinder that I crawled through the cylinderBefore we put the piston and rod in and it has a 15 foot fly wheel. It’s in the Macon county fly wheel museum in Missouri. They have a big show the last full weekend of July every year. Hopefully they will have it this year.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
my post wasn't meant to be disrespectful but to point out the obvious that we are all guilty of...yeah, I've got a spare 474" motor but I also have a 61 bubbletop with a 283, we all know were it's going:D... got a blown 427 on a rack without a car for it...my point was that kids can't find any of the old stuff we covet so they go to the dark side and use 8 coils...we all know real men use 1...
Does a Grant Spaulding Flamethrower with 2 coils count?