New purchase

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
1965 409 passenger block that has been bored .040, decked, and align honed. It has not been assembled since the machine work was done. Also included are all of the parts necessary to build a 476 cubic inch shortblock. This combination with high performance heads and a 2x4 carb setup should give you 525 horsepower at 5600 rpm and 520 foot pounds of torque at 4300 rpm (about 415 foot pounds of torque at 2000 rpm). The crank is a new 5140 steel 4 inch stroke crank with all macine work done for the 409 motor. The rods are 4340 H beam rods rated to 750 hp. The pistons are Ross forged pistons with a 10-1 compression ratio to used todays unleaded gas. The rings are Sealed Power moly for instant break in and long life. The camshaft is an Isky Z33 with .560 lift on both the intake and exhaust with 290 advertised duration and 250 at .050. MIchigan H series race bearings for both the mains and the rods with Durabond cam bearings. Melling silent timing set is also included. The rotating assembly has been balanced so this shortblock is ready to be assembled.

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Nope, no heads. I have a '59 Biscayne and a '60 Impala Conv, but I saw a real sharp '63 Impala SS at a car show Saturday. Any suggestions? I thought about Lamar Walden Z11 heads - just to cruise, not race.