New Super Chevy

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
The new Super Chevy arrived today and has an interesting article on Ronnie Sox's car (63 Z-11)
R.I.P.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Robert,
has the real car been located? that was my first question posted here so many years ago. one member was really rude about it. but that passed.
whats on the cover. or better yet, can you scan the article.
PS: the week of july4 we will be in your area on vacation and looking for a property down by the water. can i call you? and can we stop over for a visit?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
yes, come on over. There is nothing currently for sale on the river/sound near me. It's mostly farms anyway. Stop by if you can(we'll get some steamed crabs) because I rarely stray too far from here July 4th. Especially to go near Ocean City.
I scanned the Sox article but I did it in a PDF file and I don't think I can post it here:bang . I will rescan this evening in a format that the site can support.:scratch
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Bob: I have rescanned and hope that it is readable when posted. This is the red interior car so it's probably not the one you were interested in.
Robert
Are you "on the road?"
sox0001.jpg

sox0002.jpg

sox0003.jpg

sox0004.jpg

sox0005.jpg

Speed

Supporting Member 1
The Larry Wilson (NC), driven Z-11 was owned by Jack May (Va.) and sponsored by Sox Sinclair (Ronnie's Dad)

Great article..Great restoration Hank!

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanx, Robert

very nice article indeed. but not the car i expected.
Hank did a perfect job and he is a heck of a good guy. have talked to him many times. he called me thinking i had the real S&M car (friendly chevrolet) not just a raceable look-a-like. while it's on my mind,
i do not want to pass my racecar off as a clone. Hank's car is the real Mr 427 2
mine just looks like Mr 427.
if i had any Z11 parts, i would sell them. wish i had all the Z parts i used to have.........i would sell them as well.

BTW: i am home in Md. till further notice. some have noticed here on the board, i change my adress when i go.

PS the car in my avatar is the S&M Friendly Chevrolet car but on it's 2nd out of three paint schemes in a single year