new to 348-409s

hotrodpete

Hi everyone. I have lurked here for a year or two and finally my wife helped join me up and put a photo on here too. I am not a computer guy so please be be kind.
I got here because I am stuck in a project . A 1963 Impala SS convertible that was really nasty. I bought it to help a friend and it won't go away. I am starting to like it but the 305 has to go. I found a few 348 stroker threads and the project has a new life. I found an engine cheap but instead of being usable was only rebuildable. I found Scat made a stroker kit and bought one on impulse. A little more of this computing and I am finding all kinds of info. I will try and post a few updates as I progress and thanks to all of you who do post. I appreciate it. Peter

hotrodpete

Yes, some of it is 41 willys and some my idea of a woody. about 20 years ago I sold most of my race stuff and kept some sheet metal and a few early hemis for the future. Who new that nostalgia would come along???
It has a steel front end and rear coupe fenders. I used an early 327 from a friends 63 Impala,t350, 9 inch rear and original et wheels. I had no idea about woodies and just drew up what I thought looked good. We have about 18000 miles on it now and will go anywhere in it. The most fun was at the Indy drag strip and not letting off at the 1/8 mile. I thought the fabric on the roof was coming off! I will send photos soon
happy cruising Peter