New to forum - Coleman from North Texas

Coleman

Hi everyone,

My name is Jerry Coleman from Lucas, TX. I am new to the full size Chevrolet body style. I am a current early Camaro owner. My wife and I have decided to step up to a larger more comfortable car. We are HRPT long haulers, along with Crusin the Coast and some club cruises here in North Texas. In other words we like to get our car out and drive it a lot!

Anyways, we have a new to us 1961 Impala. It has a 350 engine along with a TH350 transmission. It is not dependable and leaks everywhere we drive it. Also, the car has factory air conditioning that is "cantankerous" to say the least. I'm pulling the drivetrain and the air conditioning system for an upgrade. I still can't believe I had to pull the inner fender to service the evaporator coil! The X-frame is also most intriguing. Learning a lot!

I plan on having this car ready for the 2015 HRPT, so I need to quit typing and get out to the shed and get busy!

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Welcome to the site, lots of info here.:clap I live in Hamilton, Tx (about 60 miles west of Waco) any questions, some one will come up with the correct answer!!:D

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome, Jerry. My daughter and her husband live in Lucas, I am 70 miles from there. Anything we can do to help, just ask.

Tex63

Well Known Member
Love the 61's ! I'm a few miles west of 75, hit me up some time if you want to show off and I can stop by or meet at stacy road whole foods on saturday mornings.

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site, lots of info here.:clap I live in Hamilton, Tx (about 60 miles west of Waco) any questions, some one will come up with the correct answer!!:D

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

I killed many a deer in the Hamilton area. I hunted for many years at the B-Bar Ranch and Flat Top Ranch. Great country that I miss a lot.
Haven't heard that name in years....great memories!

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
OK ..............now who are we taukin bout walter or Jerry .......:crazy..anyway welcome to the site, great to have everyone. so come on in, hang on........ :wax.....and enjoy the ride. watch your arms and hands.........:burnout

Martin