New to the 409 world - Searching for Dad's old car

rmedelson

This was my introductory post which i did yesterday...I guess it didn't take because it wasn't there this morning....

My name is Bob and I'm writing from Central New Jersey. I was hoping to get some help from some other 409 hunters/enthusiasts. In 1963, my father bought a new Impala SS 409/425 from Flatbush Chevrolet in Brooklyn, NY. It was Honduras Maroon. The worst part is that he traded it in for a Toyota Corona in 1969!!! The only thing I know about the car was that he had plumber pipe cut-offs on the exhaust and that it was stolen and recovered twice in the mid 60's. I have been trying to see if there are ways to perhaps find this car. Does anyone know where I could begin? Thanks!

BROOKLYNSS409

Well Known Member
good luck on your search.

I think red was a very popular color so It may be difficult.

Did he live in Brooklyn? I only know of 1 Brooklyn 409 and that was mine.

Old School

Supporting Member 1
This was my introductory post which i did yesterday...I guess it didn't take because it wasn't there this morning....

My name is Bob and I'm writing from Central New Jersey. I was hoping to get some help from some other 409 hunters/enthusiasts. In 1963, my father bought a new Impala SS 409/425 from Flatbush Chevrolet in Brooklyn, NY. It was Honduras Maroon. The worst part is that he traded it in for a Toyota Corona in 1969!!! The only thing I know about the car was that he had plumber pipe cut-offs on the exhaust and that it was stolen and recovered twice in the mid 60's. I have been trying to see if there are ways to perhaps find this car. Does anyone know where I could begin? Thanks!

You will need the VIN # Perhaps your dad has some old car insurance or finance papers from the car.. Something with the ID numbers on it. If he recalls which police agency took the stolen report, they may have a copy of the stolen report on micro film somewhere. It would be listed by his name. If you get the VIN, you can have some friendly local policemen run the number in your state and surounding states.

Good luck! ( You will need it!)

rmedelson

Hey Brooklyn....what is the history of your car? Is it an original brooklyn car? Are you the original owner? (Just curious).

GaDoll

Don't give up! My Mom's '61 left our family for about 6 years and WE FOUND it.....brought it home last Thursday......because of privacy laws it's very hard to find anyone who will help you as they don't want to lose their jobs......you can go to a Chevy dealer and get them to run a search on the VIN and if there's been any dealership work done to the car it should be in there......don't give up.....just keep beating the bushes.....someday it may fall out....we stopped at Summit on our way home.........best wishes,
Carol:)

P1020490.jpg

gabriel-cestaro

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Great

HI CAROL
i followed the story and did not catch the post where you found it and brought it home but thats great enjoy
gabe:clap :clap