New to this forum

Real fine

I think it’s late 61, very early 62, that’s why I’m on this site in part to help decipher exactly what block it is. It had the 09 in it when I bought it as a kid. I recorded some casting #s years back, I’ll try to dig those up.

Real fine

Thanks guys, the Nomad is all stock and complete but has to be done. Everything is there and the body is straight but needs to be restored. It’s a west coast car like the two Impalas, but it was built in San Jose and the bubbletops, Van Nuys Ca. The thing I really like about the Nomad is it’s factory crocus yellow/onyx black paint code.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Search petepedlar on here, you have the twin of his red 61 Impala, 409 sport sedan. Dave was from the Vancouver area and the car came from the US as well, originally a 348 powerglide car. Dave passed away about 7 years ago, don’t know if you had seen him or his car around, I think his brother had it after he died.

You have some very nice cars.

Don

Real fine

Thanks Don, I did see the car and knew of Dave but never met him, wish I had. He worked for a Peterbilt dealership just outside of Vancouver. One day at a car show, he left a note on my windshield to call him, I regret not calling him back before learning he had passed away. The car dissapeared, and I heard some of his spare 409 engine parts were sold to a nearby performance engine builder.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
James, very nice!!

Interesting you have 61 impalas and a Nomad, me too!! Only both of mine are 61’s :)

Do you have any photos of the casting numbers, there is enough knowledge here to help decipher what you have.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the site ........Awesome cars...... I like your hot rod 61 .....I also like the painted steel wheels on the 61 back when you were doing the super Chevy show

Real fine

Thanks, the green Impala was at Super Chevy back then as well and had a photo shoot with the red Korbel 61 Impala race car Mr. Heck brought up to Seattle. It’s a blast to drive on the street!!

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
great bunch of cars, I bought some tins off Dave about a year before he passed, he was very helpful and gave me a few tips when rebuilding W's, I have a pair of NOS Pontiac W rocker covers hanging on my garage wall.