Newby- Prolly Buying A '63 (clone) Biscayne 409-425

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Clone Klone Chloen...

But all turn key... One is in Oshawa Ontario, the other in Kalifornia... I'm having a friend who test drove the '62 Impala pick it up, guy is antsy to cut ties.

Blue '62 BelAir, I will prolly fly out and haul back with a diesel 6.5 Suburban I'm calling on now...

So you bought Chucks 62 Belair?

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
Yes...

I like survivor cars, his seems to fit the bill. I'm not in search of perfection, mechanics are more important than aesthetics, but rusty cars are a turn off. His has had some rust patching, he seems to have described it fairly.

My experiences with dealer-flippers is never good. But shopping at a distance has its challenges. And the last couple years it's gotten really bad. eBay or CL-little dealers-only looking to make a quick buck.

I'll be going to get the car next month. I'll be the 3rd owner -:))

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
For some odd reason I expected to see 35 Corvairs :) :) :).

Maybe you have one of those wild V8 Corvairs Cecil occasionally refers to?

I wish I had more "turnkey" cars, I seem to gravitate to "huge project cars" :).

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
No, just 10 Corvairs...

1962 Spyder vert, survivor, built 1964 164 engine with large period hi-po turbo, needs huge qjet tossed, new Weber 45 DCOE installed, and a new top and windshield.

1963 Monza 4 carb 4 speed, beater but runs well, pretty much a rat rod from 30 years ago, unused since 2006.

1964 Monza vert, Cal 1 owner car, was restoring for now ex wife, rebuilt powertrain, new top, painted 1961 Olds Twilight Mist Poly, she cryed when I took it in divorce, it needs interior and chrome, I'll prolly never complete it.

1964 Spyder vert, just purchased after I "missed it" in 1984. Friend got it, was always a show car, he let it sit outside last 5 years, dunno why, he had indoor storage. Same white w red as my '62 Spyder. Needs top and interior, same tires as when he bot it.

1962 Rampside pickup, Az truck, patina special, sitting untouched at a friends(?) house in Indiana. He's the Corvair hoarder that was on the news last year, needs all new power train, sitting 9 years, lotsa promises.

Cameo beige '65 very, Az car, zero options, older repaint and new interior, friend installed factory AC and (auto) floor shift and so-so 140 4 carb engine. Has Chevelle SS 5 spoke wheels.

1966 CORSA Fitch Sprint, runs, off road since 1980 or so, needs rotisserie resto, very rare, fully documented.

1966 Canadian CORSA 140, rebuilt 140 4 carb, needs a new owner to restore, off road since 1989.

I have vids of all of these gems, on Ytube, somewhere...IMG-20190404-WA0050.jpegIMG-20190418-WA0157.jpegIMG-20190307-WA0288.jpegIMG-20190404-WA0050.jpegIMG-20190418-WA0157.jpegIMG-20190312-WA0081.jpegIMG-20190307-WA0288.jpegIMG-20190307-WA0288.jpeg

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
Actually, he's mostly responsible for the safe cars on the road today. Who owns a car without an air bag? Collapsible-anti penetration steering column, side door beams... And on and on

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
I wonder what's inside my QO block? It's not 425hp!

Has anyone dyno'd these solid lifter engines??? I know a guy with a Dyno, in Montreal, but engine dyno, not chassis. He puts EVERY engine he builds in it. If it's going to break, he'll be the one to do it!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I watch his program, all the time.:appl I one thing I wonder about, how do his neighbors tolerate, the constant speeding, burnouts and traffic, his shop makes.:doh We, as Hot Rodders understand, but Normal people, may not.:dunno:roll

Well Known Member
I watch his program, all the time.:appl I one thing I wonder about, how do his neighbors tolerate, the constant speeding, burnouts and traffic, his shop makes.:doh We, as Hot Rodders understand, but Normal people, may not.:dunno:roll
Nick’s garage is not in a residential area , his shop is located in a industrial area.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Nick’s garage is not in a residential area , his shop is located in a industrial area.
I know that, but, the neighbor's must get annoyed, after awhile.:dohWhen I was 18, and got my 409, I used to do burn-outs, :burnouton my street all the time.:appl Being a kid, I didn't think I was bothering anybody.:dunno Our street was one car wide, maybe 400 feet long. I would start at either corner, and fry the tires as far as I could.:clap The only person, that hated me, was Mr. Soma. A 60ish Italian man, from the old country. He would come out of his house, and start swearing at me, in Italian.:rollI also think, he tampered, with my car, one time. He lived across the street. I must say, he warned me, many times.:eek1 I received a letter in the mail, one day, from our local DMV.:drop They told me, my neighbor turned me in, for disturbing the peace, and reckless driving. If this conduct doesn't cease, we will be forced to take action, which may invalidate your driver's license.:eek3I got the message.:clap After a few weeks, he actually said hello.:doh:dunno