Newest toy

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I know this is a Chevrolet site but there are some here that like the old Pontiac's. This is my lastest toy, '62 Catalina, 425A, 4 speed, 390 Posi, PHS documented still has the original motor and transmission. I added the heavy duty brake option which requires the use of the 15' wheels. I have a set of NOS dog dish caps for it. I purchased the car last winter, pretty nice car so I just did a frame up on it this summer to freshen it up. Plans are to take it to Hershey in a couple of weeks for it's first outing.

Attachments

• DSC_0815.jpg
    DSC_0815.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0811.jpg
    DSC_0811.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0807.jpg
    DSC_0807.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0817.jpg
    DSC_0817.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 57

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Love it. I really like the bay, looks like a lot of time to mark everything properly and with great detail. I really love the old school tri tone seats. The drums could be used as weapons, any reason for that kind of design, more cooling?

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Unbelievable !!! Tommy you always find the neatest cars.You should open your own Car Corral Museum,display them and let the public see them.The cars you keep are the really neat high performance ones,and extremely hard to find ones..You have really good taste in cars .Love it,can't what to see it on display.The thing that I could never figure out is why you don't have any Mopar stuff. Congradulations Tommy!!!Way to go!!! John

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Nice!!!:beerbang
I love the interiors on those Pontiacs. The clear steering wheels are nice too.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Cecil,

I have a nice set of 8 lugs that were on the car when I bought it but I took them off in favor of the big brake/15" wheel package. Everyone that has a Pontiac has 8 lugs, Admittly the 8 lugs look better but I like something different. Those big fin brake drums are really difficult to come by, not many were made!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Pontiac

Those were the years. I remember the first GTO. This guy in town bought a 63 1/2? Special factory deal?? Less than a hundred made? fast.

I like the jacked up look of your car. Pretty cool ride.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tom: looks good now with the motor detailed and back in it rather then "on the floor":roll
I am glad the 347 option marks that were on it stayed on with the finished car... really looks different with the big marks. Check your mail tomorrow as the articles you want should be delivered. The 66 up here has the 15 inch HD finned drums but they don't seem to have the same length as your fins. Any thoughts?
robert

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"The 66 up here has the 15 inch HD finned drums but they don't seem to have the same length as your fins. Any thoughts?"

Robert,

I don't know about the '66, I do know that the drums on my car were used up through '65. Buicks used a similar aluminum drum but the fins were not a long or as sharp. The Buick fins were rounded on the end. When I was searching for the Pontiac drums I found lots of the Buick drums but this was the only set of Pontiac drums I found. I had a pair of NOS '65 Pontiac drums some years ago and used them on my race car.
I'll watch for the mailman tomorrow...thanks

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert,the 66' 4 door car(Doug's) has fin drums but I believe it had 6 lug wheels like an ambulance.Remember Doug said the car had those funky hubcaps on it.I believe he told us that day that the car had 6 lugs wheels.Off the subject a bit ,still no word from the guy with the 63".I talked to my friend Matt(the mechanic ),he said he was going to talk to his Dad about contacting his friend this week.Hope to be able to report something soon.Sure would like to trade the Corvette for that one. John

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Tommy,
Will you be taking one of you cars to fall Hershey:scratch If so I will try to find you:dunno
Brain,

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
"Will you be taking one of you cars to fall Hershey If so I will try to find you"
Brain,

Yes, I plan to take the '62 Pontiac, will be in class 36A on Saturday. I'll look forard to meeting you.