Next Year

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ok, everyone rested? Where we going next year? I checked around Joliet, Il, Cordova, Il., Union Grove, Wi. I don't see any better fit than what we had. Costs to run with other groups such as legends of drag racing etc. was told $100 to park a motor home.(?)
I have one more place to try for info on Chicagoland to see if there is a good fit anywhere with another group. I'm fine with Thompson, just throwing it out there.:dunno

Ray

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I am rested, but then I don't do much of anything !!!! :coffee: I have been having the same thought; "Where are we going ?". I would prefer something a little more center or west US, but we'll be there where ever people choose. Thompson was a great time, but more because of the people than the track, but I didn't race.

Any way the sooner we can get a decision the better, because I'll need to start saving, for the trip.

Bill

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Union Grove, WI is a great place if you can get them on board to do the event. Lots of parking, newly resurfaced track and lots of history. Easy to get to also. Just west of I-94 :cheers

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
LETS GET SOMETHING MORE CENTRALY LOCATED TO EVERYONE

ohio was great, but to damn far for the central, south and west coast guys

roger

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'd have to agree with making it a little more centrally located. Kansas City, St, Louis of Oklahoma would probably be the best and fairest for everyone.

I'm sure between Ronnie, Barry and I , we could get a local track to do something here. It may end up cheaper for those flying in since Dallas is a hub airport. We have several we could choose from.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I'd have to agree with making it a little more centrally located. Kansas City, St, Louis of Oklahoma would probably be the best and fairest for everyone.

I'm sure between Ronnie, Barry and I , we could get a local track to do something here. It may end up cheaper for those flying in since Dallas is a hub airport. We have several we could choose from.

Brian.... What do you think the airfare is for the 61. Might have to fly it instead of Ann next year:roll
robert

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Firebird Race Track,,,, Boise !!!!!!:pray:pray:D

Count me in!!!

Plus we got mountains and lots of cool things to go look and a Hooters!!

I say have Bob do a Vote on the site to get general idea then take the top 5 and roll from there...

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The idea of something central is a good idea, the only problem will be if we can get a track and event that will treat us as good as the Thompson event. The gasser event provided a good size crowd, and participants to make a good mix. A track needs to in be 100% and see a return with good size crowds and full racing areas. I have said before but it may come down to a yearly 2 event club with a national event every 3 years. I have been off the site for a while my home computer will not let me on the club, I am doing this from my work laptop. I feel like I have missed lots, hope everyone is doing well.

Kevin (quik9r)

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
If we're looking for something central maybe Kansas City International raceway or Mokan would be good. The closest track to the center of the country is probably Thunder Valley at Bethany Mo. That's the track we went to when the races at Kansas city got canceled in 2004 due to rain. It was a great place.

The big question is,,, if we pick a spot in the center of the country will we get people to come all the way from the coasts?:? It's a big country.

I've never been to the track at Bowling Green Ky. but it sure looks like a nice place. It's not as central but it might be close enough that guys from the east coast and the Texans can make it.:scratch

I thought Thompson was good but the Gasser Reunion weekend is pretty busy. Show car parking would probably be better if we went on a quieter weekend.

They also treated us well at Clay City Kentucky when we had the get together there a few years ago.

I've never been to a Super Chevy show but that might be another possibility.:dunno

wherever we decide to go, it would be best to make a decision as soon as possible so that we'll have plenty of time to get the word out.:deal

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The idea of something central is a good idea, the only problem will be if we can get a track and event that will treat us as good as the Thompson event. The gasser event provided a good size crowd, and participants to make a good mix. A track needs to in be 100% and see a return with good size crowds and full racing areas. I have said before but it may come down to a yearly 2 event club with a national event every 3 years. I have been off the site for a while my home computer will not let me on the club, I am doing this from my work laptop. I feel like I have missed lots, hope everyone is doing well.

Kevin (quik9r)

It may be best to divide up into two or more regional events with a big national event every few years.:scratch

I'd probably be willing to travel to a central location every year but I know many just wouldn't be able to do that.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Has anyone thought of maybe O'Reilly Raceway Park, in Indianapolis,IN.? very large facilitiy, possiblly tacked on to a Super Chevy event,or a Goodguys event. A lot of teams have considered this the hub of their racing activity.------Dave.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Brain, What states are north central ? I am a little put out that a 5th choice of Canada was not part of the poll:)