NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I don't understand either Ronnie. Someone brought up what constitutes a NSS car by the rules I think? I have read the rules before and I think I'm ok??? I don't really care. It does make it a little tough for some of us that guys are running all the electronics. I just like a good old fashion drag race. With all the junk you can put on these cars now days it's only a matter of time where we won't need the driver anymore, drone cars?

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ray, I think what is being talked about is us running the same program we have always run. Transbrake, ok delay box, not. And then for the NS/S members we have, they would have the option to run in the big N S/S race. That's the way I understand it and if that's wrong, someone can correct me.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ray, you have to bring your car, it's one of th0se cars that just has that certain appeal to it. The transbrake is really no different than having a clutch, now the Delay box is a different story, I myself think the Delay Box should NOT be used, to keep things fair, hey I have it all in my race car, Delay, Transbrake, Two Step, shift control, Rev limiter, nothing in my 62 tho, but its whatever the majority wants, It's all good

alloy409

Well Known Member
Update on Bowling Green event:

Hi guys. It seems that my original information might have been a case of putting the cart before the horse. Yes, I was asked to collect all of the interest in this event but we do not yet have final approval by the head honchos at NHRA. This doesn't mean it's not going to happen but I'm now being advised that there is a parking situation in Bowling Green and there is a possibility they might not be able to fit all of us in.

I have, and will continue, to pass on all information as I get it. I have emailed Fred Bear our current list along with a group of select pictures that were taken at MasonDixon. As soon as I hear back, I will let you all know. This is not an easy task...politics as usual. In the meantime, just sit tight.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Does the parking problem effect staying at the track with a camper? If so, we have time to make arrangements I think.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray, you have to bring your car, it's one of th0se cars that just has that certain appeal to it. The transbrake is really no different than having a clutch, now the Delay box is a different story, I myself think the Delay Box should NOT be used, to keep things fair, hey I have it all in my race car, Delay, Transbrake, Two Step, shift control, Rev limiter, nothing in my 62 tho, but its whatever the majority wants, It's all good
And all this time I thought it was me.:doh

alloy409

Well Known Member
Ray, as this information comes to me I'll share. I don't have any more specifics at this time. I'm finding that dealing with the folks on a national level is a lot different than dealing with the folks at Mason-Dixon. The bigger the event, the more layers to go through. As soon as I know anything, I'll share it with the group.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I find it hard to believe that Beech Bend would turn any one away, whether we consider ourselves coming as individuals or as a group. I would think that every year some people drop off and first timers show up as we did last year. For NHRA and Beech Bend I would think that they would welcome the numbers for promotion purposes. Just my opinion.

Lonnie

alloy409

Well Known Member
Good news! I just received a call from Fred Bear. He had just gotten off the phone with Steve Gibbs with NHRA and he told Fred to let me know that the 348-409 group should plan to be in Bowling Green, June 2016. I 'll continue to provide information as I get it but in the meantime, book your rooms. I was told the host hotel, the Holiday Inn, was sold out in 23 hours.

It looks like we're going to the "Super Bowl"!

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Just booked mine at the red roof Inn, they only have 1 room left with a single bed and 6 rooms left with double beds they are both
the same price 102.96 plus tax...........:dance