Norwalk Pictures

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ray asked me to post some pictures for him. Again, he tried, but they were wrong size, so he tried to repost them. This site for some reason won't allow you to post the same picture twice. Even if you deleted it, it still has for some reason, a block to repost.

Fred

bobs409

Administrator
Fred, I just tried to duplicate the problem and could not. When a file is too large, it won't upload so you can't delete it.

Perhaps there are pictures on the site with the same file name??? :dunno

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
pictures

Bob, are you saying that we could repost the same pictures if we changed the file name? That could be the key.

I really didn't understand any of what Tom K said about putting larger pictures on the site. I thought the largest we can post is about 105 KB. Is this true? I'm not a computer literate person, so that's why Tom's post is over my head.

Thanks

Fred

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
deleted pics

I tried renaming the file, still no luck. Deleted all my history and cookies, again no pictures. Once it is uploaded and posted, then I choose to edit and delete the reply and pictures , if I try to load the same picture again, I get the reply "you have already posted these pictures in thread......blahblahblah" :dunno

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Posting pictures

If you try to post pics using this website as a "host" you need to play by their rules, which limits you in size and nomenclature (naming the file). Often you need to resize the picture file from your camera, CD, etc. to get it down to size.

If you wish to be REALLY creative, you basically need to create your own website on your own (private) web server, or at least move the pictures from your camera over to that external web space.

For example, I have lots a server space on a University account ( I own the server) so I can post pictures over there (on that web server) and then when I am creating a message on Bob's 348-409 Forum, all I need to do is "reference" or point to the URL (universal resource locator, that stuff that begins with "http"//.......") within the text of the message and Presto!, the link is made from the 348-409 pages to your externally stored pictires on your personal/private web space.

The problem is you have to have already made the arrangements to secure that external web space, you need to know how to transfer the picture files over from your desktop PC to that web server space (using an FTP routine, free stuff), and then you need to learn a teeny, teeny bit of hypertext markup language (HTML) which we can supply you with.

Once you learn how to do this, it will open up worlds of creativity, and soon you will be creating your own web pages with ease :) :) :). But getting there is a bit of conceptual chore. If we were sitting down together I could show you this in 5 minutes, and off you would go, creating your own neat stuff. Pretty soon 4 hours go by, though, and you are still trying new stuff. Like hotrods, modification never stops :). If you try to do this on your own, it can be a bit frustrating, assuming you don't get the basics down and do not reach initial success...

Next time we get together I'll bring my laptop and do a little "show and tell" :).

Most of you guys can do the magic associated with "W" engines and "X" frames, and you've been doing it for years. I've been doing Internet stuff for 30 years. So it seems as if it comes easy, but it's really a bit of challenge to tackle these web imaging options (like learning how to bulld a stroker engine for me!). But just think, if it wasn't for this technology that lets us communicate asynchronously (without being online at the same time) we would never have been able to put together the National Meeting and these regional meetings like Norwalk :).

Cheers!
TomK

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tom K,,, I guess all the things you said in the above post is correct. Except for one thing I am sure is wrong. You could not teach me what is in those first four paragraphs in 5 days, much less in 5 mins. I have depended on Jim Kwi to help me with the bare basics a couple of times and I am afraid he is ready to tell me to "go fly a kite". I will attempt to learn some things, as not to be a burden to others, but what ever you said above is "Greek" to me. Hope others can learn, I will enjoy looking at the pictures. Thanks for your efforts.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ronnie,I have no problem doing your photos,I'm glad to do them :)
Tom your talking way over my head,do you know how to post a large photo?Lets see if you can do :doh

JimKwiatkowski said:
Tom, do you know how to post a large photo?Lets see if you can do :doh

Forget that.... I was going to ask if Tom could speak English with us ;) :roll :roll :roll

HEE HEEE !!!

Come on Tom

"Front Page Express" :deal :p
Even I can do that :D

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
?????????

Tom K,, in other words ummm forget it...
Ronnie I'm with you, now we see where we are going :help
I get it now

P Pass
R Race
D Drag
N Nothing
L Leap

Thats a computer!! nothing to do xcept push a button.
Tom I just tried it and locked up my computer :?
4 speeds forever. Like DQ says row your boat :)

Still lost in space....

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey guys,,, I use Picturetrail.com as my picture host site. I have the paid version but I think you can still get the free smaller version.
It`s as easy to use as uploading pictures here ,then you can use the URL to post here, at least with the paid version,,,,,
Not to bad a price either,,about twenty bucks a year,,,,dq

bobs409

Administrator
Fred and Ray, I found something that may help the problem.

When this happens again, click on "User CP" at the top of the forum, then click "attachments" at the bottom of the list.

In that area, it shows all attachments you have on the forum and you can delete any of them from there.

Not sure but maybe the attachment is still there after you've deleted the post. Check to see if it shows up on the list and delete it from there if it does.

Something to try anyway.... ;)

Bob

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bob,this photo was in my first thread I started,I checked that thread and now the photo is gone.When you read this reply,i'm going to delete the photo from this thread and try to upload the photo back to my first thread :doh :confused: