NOS 409!! WOW

wally72974

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I see this NEW short block as a deal, you guys pay about $2K for a used empty block, or I see them go for that. Well this one is new, go find a new one.
I think he's looking for close to $7K maybe a little too high, I think $5k is reasonable based on previous selling prices.

Imho I would buy a new aluminum block for 5,000 before this one. Unless I had an original 62-65 Impala that was originally a 409 4 speed car and I needed that motor to complete it. (but I don't so it would be a new aluminum block for me):dance

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Imho I would buy a new aluminum block for 5,000 before this one. Unless I had an original 62-65 Impala that was originally a 409 4 speed car and I needed that motor to complete it. (but I don't so it would be a new aluminum block for me):dance

Me too! But new is new.

I purchased the short block from the guy after the auction was over....I think I got a fair deal considering...new block, new crank, new rods, new pistons, new cam, new timing cover, not to mention the WOW COOL factor of having this thing sitting in my office. I dont plan on using it, just a little cleaning and display it, hopefully in a few years I can resell it and make a few dollars on it. I just hope I dont have a few too many one night...and wake up with the motor installed in my car....lol.

40 pickup

hi guys, its been a while but have had a few things on my plate of late. its good to get back on and catch up a little.
i bought a nos block from one of the guys here a few years back that im trying to get together:rolleyes. it is a 656 truck block with the green and white paint markings too, but will have to get rid of that, with a brand new shiney crank in a plastic bag, as it also had a 4" bbc crank in it machined to fit although in saying that, it needs a little work still with the big end journals, and some shed art rods and pistons which i wont be using. topped of with some eddy heads and covers and 2x4 manifold and a steffs pan to hold it all in,will hopefully be the shot for me.so i think they are still about, but need to be at the right place at the right time senario.;)

cheers Chris :cheers