NOS -63 SS wheel covers

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
While at a cruise with my 62 bubble top. A fellow approached me and said he ha a set of SS hubcaps that he had in his attic since 1966. He bought a 63 Impala SS in 1963 and someone stole the hubcaps. He ordered a new set from the dealer but traded the car before the replacement caps came. He told me the caps were still in the GM shipping boxes and asked if I would be interested in buying the set of four. We went to his home after the cruise . I looked at tow of the caps and could not believe the pristine condition they were in. I wrote him a check and no they are in my attic

Attachments

• 6CA05AA8-C8B6-4C1E-A04B-44E933692A5B.jpeg
    6CA05AA8-C8B6-4C1E-A04B-44E933692A5B.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 5E152EE4-BA22-4BFA-9AB5-5780FDF94444.jpeg
    5E152EE4-BA22-4BFA-9AB5-5780FDF94444.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 33

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
There were two wheel covers in each box. He had opened one of the boxes in 1966 when he purchased them , just to make sure they were for a 63 SS. He never opened the second box, nor did I.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
A friend of mine worked at a Chevy garage in 63 and ordered a 63 ss 327 ,300 hp , 4 speed Palomar red ( may not be correct paint name) . Kept the car at least 10 to 15 years and never installed the ss caps as we're still in the bags. He sold the car and I never asked him if caps went with it. After he sold it it he did me later on the guy had it a week and wrapped it around a high line pole and it totaled. Where the caps are? Who knows might be somewhere still in bags. My friend has since passed. :sorry2

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Price for just the original GM shipping boxes is $ 50. bucks each. :winner :winner :winner :winner You guessed it Bob. The guy was about my age, and he was checking Ebay prior to selling them....The guy was driving a low mile 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix that he also purchased new. Was a GM person all of his life....

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Price for just the original GM shipping boxes is $ 50. bucks each. :winner :winner :winner :winner You guessed it Bob. The guy was about my age, and he was checking Ebay prior to selling them....The guy was driving a low mile 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix that he also purchased new. Was a GM person all of his life....
I know where you can pick up a 63 SS project to go with those hub caps. ;):laugh4