Not mine. Person on facebook selling 1961 bubble with 409 4speed

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
What am I missing …???…..the fact that it’s 40 grand…..???
Because it’s a 61 bubble top…….????……. That’s as much as those 62 convertibles……..!!!!……. What’s on the dash……????

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No that's some ugly crap he bought through a catalog. He does claim the two screw holes are in the column from the factory tach.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Where is Carl? What can you tell us about the trim tag on the car? I was able to get more information from the guy. Trying to help him determine whether his dad was right about the car. Claims it was a true SS 409 car but no papers to prove it. However, I do have some additional clues that we may be able to shed light on proving its a true SS 409. Busy getting ready for Iowa race, will be talking with a few members on some details I need to clear up about these cars. QA blocks are rare.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
i understand that most SS cars were not documented as in very few (depending on assy. plant) even had SS on the trim Tag.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
So the guy owns it free and clear. Why wouldn't he have it restored and then sell it for a good profit. He would have to record a lot of documentation. If the motor is not original to the car that would hurt the value though

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
i understand that most SS cars were not documented as in very few (depending on assy. plant) even had SS on the trim Tag.
Carl Snelling has checked cars for me if they were factory 1961 SS cars - we checked one a few months ago and it was built before GM produced the factory 1961 SS cars. I do not think any factory SS cars had SS on the cowl tag, Carl will know.
Paul