not much goin' on!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Not very many people on the site tonight..................not much goin' on here..........

THAT'S 'CUZ THEY ARE ALL IN THOMPSON....YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not having a very good evening............

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Cheer up Phil.......it'll get better, just give it a little while. We're not all in Thompson yet, I'm bedded down in Breezewood, Pa., that's about half way for me. Should have about 4 hours to go tomorrow.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Phil, I'm sittin' at home thinking about it too. At least we will hear the stories without having to witness some of it!

Small consolation, I know.

Dave

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:cuss I am dead in the water here as well... new clutch and tranny have to be here before I can install anything:grumble: So not even a cruise around the park or anything :cry:cry:cry:cry Worse than being shut in and whatching soap opera all day:grumble: :grumble:

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I did not get to go either.:bang It is going to be hard to work today thinking about the sound of those 409s going down the strip. :cuss
Hope someone posts some videos.:D

63z11

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thinking of ohio

Just got to the shop, wishing I was just getting to the track!!!! Snapped a cell phone pic on the way in with the belair though. What no Wi Fi in ohio?:dunno

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 68

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Phil, It hurts not to be with all your friends at Thompson this weekend but I know you will be thought about every day.:cry I will be at home also and your right,it sucks not being with your friends at a big event.:grumble: As an "Old School " drag racer from back in the day '70's & '80's a meet filled with 348's & 409's is the Holy Grail of drag racing in my book.:cheersI guess I'm getting too nostalgic. Most importantly , you must concentrate on getting better and everything will be OK again soon.:clap:cheers:cheers

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Watch that 2004 video again a few times Phil, next best thing to being there.

Don

Man, I sure hope those guys are having better weather than we're getting here in Southern Alberta:bang... How 'bout a low of 34, a high of about 50, with drizzly rain for 3 days:grumble:... Pretty much the normal for the Three Hills car show that's going on tomorrow:yawn: ( usually 1200 cars )

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Not very many people on the site tonight..................not much goin' on here..........

Sorry you're not feeling well old man! I hope you get your issues resolved soon!

Though I too would love to have been there, I still dont miss Ohio
I just prefer to remember NE Ohio the way it was in the 70s I guess

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil,We've been having so much fun we're just getting in to the motel after a beautiful day (70* sunny) watching some really great runs and getting to put faces with those we've met here on the site, some good gab sessions, and getting some not so good photo's (cars faster than my finger on the camera), however I did get some 5 second clips, but don't know how to load them from my camera. Maybe Brian can help me out tomorrow. You can wait can't you. You know we are thinking of those that couldn't make it. Just have to close your eyes and imagine the sound of raw powered 409 cars wailing down the quarter mile and how they glisten in the sun while in the pits. Quite a site, just one beautiful 409 car after another after another after another. can you picture it. And the show and shine cars. OMG just beautiful. How could you pick a favorite. Kinda like visions of sugar plumbs in your mind. HEEHEE

Ray

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My pics suc

and they do absolutely no justice to the cars.Ray

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 52
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG