Nova Gasser

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't go back to work till this Thursday, I have 3 more days of vacation leftIs on this stent. If you need something or help in the next couple of days let me know and I will drive over and help you.... For what my Is help would be worth.:confused

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I don't go back to work till this Thursday, I have 3 more days of vacation leftIs on this stent. If you need something or help in the next couple of days let me know and I will drive over and help you.... For what my Is help would be worth.:confused
Thank you Tooth, I think Im on the downhill side now. Hopefully this clutch won't be as bad as the brake system, I had like 8 leaks and 2 of them I had to take apart the front crossover line to pull 2 brass pipe fittings and put Teflon tape on them. I bought this front end with the brakes already plumbed, I checked all the fittings thinking I had them tight enough but never thought the pipe fittings did not have tape on them. I had to tighten some of these fittings so much I was afraid I was going to strip them to get them to stop leaking. I finally got everything sealed up and finished bleeding with a power bleeder when the rubber line between the tank and the master cylinder sprung a leak and had brake fluid everywhere. Out came the towels to start whipping up the mess and then had to fix the bleeder line in order to comple the job, I was ready for a COLD BEER. LOL

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well the maidan voyage is in the history books, everything went well but the brakes need to be bled some more as I had to pump them up a little. Also I need to set the idle up a bit as it keep dying if I didn't have my foot on the gas a little. All in all everything went well, no fires and made it back on its own power. I had the front nose off when I drove it in case I had to extinguish a fire quickly and I was getting some eat sh$t looks by all the neighbors as I drove by. Lol It felt SO GOOD to scratch that itch after 6-1/2 years!!!!!!

Tom & Tooth, this Photo is for you I took your advise coming up my driveway.

tempImagewc12ag.jpg

Here are a couple more pics of the car in front of my garage.

tempImageeJo8TJ.jpg
tempImagevtINok.jpg
tempImage7gTbKh.jpg

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yes Thanks James, at least now I know it runs and everything seems to be working ok, cooling, electrical, clutch and so so on the brakes. I just need to bleed them a little more. my next voyage will be to this cruise on Friday. After that I will go down the street a little farther then probably over to the track for test and tune night.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Looks good Steve! Glad the drive went well. I’m sure those were looks of jealousy from the neighbors!
Thanks Nate, it looked like some of them were thinking WTF, the car looks pretty unruly with the front nose off and being pretty loud. Well I guess I broke the ice with all of them, they surely know what the new guy in town likes now oh well I hope they get use to it because Im old and don't like change. :dunno2:tongue

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well the maidan voyage is in the history books, everything went well but the brakes need to be bled some more as I had to pump them up a little. Also I need to set the idle up a bit as it keep dying if I didn't have my foot on the gas a little. All in all everything went well, no fires and made it back on its own power. I had the front nose off when I drove it in case I had to extinguish a fire quickly and I was getting some eat sh$t looks by all the neighbors as I drove by. Lol It felt SO GOOD to scratch that itch after 6-1/2 years!!!!!!

Tom & Tooth, this Photo is for you I took your advise coming up my driveway.

View attachment 99089

Here are a couple more pics of the car in front of my garage.

View attachment 99090
View attachment 99091
View attachment 99092
Well done Grasshopper! (showing my age)!:brush
She's a beauty.... Now you just need some lights to test your 60' times on that concrete pad. Your neighbors will love you!

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Man that car has ALL the right stuff on it. Tilt front, injection, stick, O/P rear, and of all engines, a W:bow:bow:love Oh and those rear wheels are the best part of the whole car. That old magnesium has mojo like nothing else:good They magnetize my eyes.
He is getting close to ranking up there with Jackson huh? LOL

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Keith and Kevin, and yes Kevin when I started this build I tried to go the extra mile and get as much old school stuff as I could. Thats why i used a O/P rear, vertex magneto ignition with a cable drive tach, other things that are not as noticeable are the ladder bars and the timing cover/fuel pump on the front of the engine. I used 3/4" square tube to build the ladder bars and it took me 2 years to locate an old Weiand timing cover for a Hilborn fuel pump, but thats the look I wanted. I can't wait to have fun with this car and I hope it reminds other people who see it of the golden era of drag racing gone by. I know I have had a lot of fun building it as it became a game to see just how far I could go with the old school look.