NSCA Nostalgia Super Stock

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Big purse for Nostalgia Super Stock at the NSCA Finals Next weekend September 22nd & 23rd. Hope to see all the
409 racers make the show and take home the cash! :brow

oscommerce.gif

nscaeventlogo1.1sm.PNG

10th Annual BES NSCA Finals
presented by: RPM-Magazine
September 22 - 23, 2007
National Trail Raceway
Columbus, OH

Tony DePillo said:
Thanks to some very generous sponsors who love our Nostalgia program, the winners share of the NSS eliminator will be $2,500.00. The Runner Up purse will be $1,000.00. Traditionally, the finals at Columbus have been very well attended. We are looking for a great showing of Nostalgia Cars for this event and with this kind of purse on the line, you can be sure all the hitters will be there.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dick: I have been thinking about that event for some time. I would love to go back to National Trails but can't leave here due to family issues. If you go please take your camera(not your wife's:roll :roll ) and take plenty of pictures between playing "crew chief" Maybe the car will run better this time vs. last time at the Hot Rod Reunion. Have you had that same phenomen with the fuel delivery occur since??
Good luck to everyone that makes it.
Robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
We seem to have gotten the fuel issue under hand (if you replace enough parts you can't go wrong:roll ). At the HRR we had taken a few hundred RPMs out of the shift points, no need to beat it up at a fun race. Got home and started the shop routines and found a few of the valve springs had dropped off, a couple as much as a hundred pounds of seat pressure. So, we replaced a bunch of springs since the last race.
Took the car to Maple Grove last weekend for the "Geezers" race and ran a 8.92 and an 8.91 @ 150 MPH at close to 3500' adjusted altitude. We're looking forward to a good weekend at Columbus and hope to see a good turn out for Tony's Nostalgia Super Stock Show.

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Dick ,

I'll be there!! :clap Can't make it through whole season w/o an NSCA race.

See ya there :brow

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Jim Nice video find. It is a shame that car didn't have a good showing at The Hot Rod Reunion
Robert

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jim Nice video find. It is a shame that car didn't have a good showing at The Hot Rod Reunion
Robert

Robert,last year at Martin Mich,Jim was putting on a show with"OL RELIABLE" he was pulling some giant wheel stands and beating up on Rusty's 62.

Picture102-1.jpg

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Dick I'll be there, helping Denny. I'm bringing the wife and camper. Bo

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Jim: Great picture I wish I could get out there. I didn't make it to Charlotte this weekend. If you get to Ohio nextweekend take plenty of pictures for all of us.
Robert

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks like lots of fun!!

What kind or rear end setup is "OL RELIABLE" running?

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Remember when NHRA thought it would be fun to race pro stock trucks then decided it wouldn't be fun any more? It started life as a truck block. Pat Musi built the engine for the Pro Nostalgia class for Jim.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
612 ? :eek:

Listen to the racing video that was posted on the car with the volume turned up and look and listen closely......You will be a 6.12 believer! Of course that 8 second run was when Dick had the carbs correct:roll :roll :roll
Jim posted the video on page one
Robert