NZ Nostalgia Drags

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Having spent the last 10 days travelling the North Island for work, thank fully i was able to spend the weekend at one of our main drag racing tracks at Meremere where the annual nostalgia drags were taking place. A few pics for your viewing.

And this weekend we are off to the V8 Supercars, which are coming over from Australia and racing at Pukekohe (just south of Auckland). This will be an awesome weekend too.:danceOf cousre there may be the odd brew being sunk as well:cheers
Gav

Attachments

• photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (14).JPG
    photo (14).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo (15).JPG
    photo (15).JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (16).JPG
    photo (16).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo (17).JPG
    photo (17).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (19).JPG
    photo (19).JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (20).JPG
    photo (20).JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo (21).JPG
    photo (21).JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 1

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
P.S
There were also some of these at the drags as well :bow

Attachments

• photo (12).JPG
    photo (12).JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 3
  • photo (18).JPG
    photo (18).JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 3

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Gav, Get Wendy to spring for a zoom lens for your birthday. The pics of the cars are not big enough (or was that the girls):scratch
Just for the guys here the early Chevy two door sedan (light green pic 20) runs a 572 and auto and does a very low 10 Sec 1/4. It is street driven and he drives it from Auckland to Christchurch for events (1500 Miles round trip est)
Have a good time Gav

Cheers

Steve

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Cool stuff, thanks for posting it! :beer
I wouldn't have figured that green Chevy for a low 10 second car. :clap

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Cool stuff, thanks for posting it! :beer
I wouldn't have figured that green Chevy for a low 10 second car. :clap
Jim i will see if i have some pics at home of it. Has monster rubber under the rear gets of its backside real quick

Steve

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav, Get Wendy to spring for a zoom lens for your birthday. The pics of the cars are not big enough (or was that the girls):scratch
Just for the guys here the early Chevy two door sedan (light green pic 20) runs a 572 and auto and does a very low 10 Sec 1/4. It is street driven and he drives it from Auckland to Christchurch for events (1500 Miles round trip est)
Have a good time Gav

Cheers

Steve
HA HA, yeah I know. Just taken off my Iphone and that was as far the zoom would go:bang but o well thought something better than nothing.
Yep have the camera batteries certainly charged for this weekend for both the cars and the wild life :dance