Off to Paint

61BISCAYNE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Dropped the Biscayne off at the paint shop this morning.....finally!:clap
Hopefully, all the hours of blocking are about to pay off. It should be ready to pick-up by tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• IMAG0021a.JPG
    IMAG0021a.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0024a.jpg
    IMAG0024a.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0025a.JPG
    IMAG0025a.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 71

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Looking Gooooood !!!!

Looks great, can't wait to see pictures after paint !!!! Should be the talk of the town !!!! :clap:cool:

bobs409

Administrator
I bet the paint shop loves getting them in like that. All the hard work is done. :D

Wanna come help me with my 63? I'm cutting the rest of the quarter off and it's killing me seeing my car like this. :cry

if you did all the blocking and primming , why didnt you go ahead and spray it ?
to me there is nothing like telling someone thats asking about the car
i did all the work my self
just asking it looks straight as can be

61BISCAYNE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
if you did all the blocking and primming , why didnt you go ahead and spray it ?
to me there is nothing like telling someone thats asking about the car
i did all the work my self
just asking it looks straight as can be

Yeah, I understand your thinking.....but....
Three main reasons I decided to hire out the exterior painting:

1.) Facility....My two car garage worked OK for the bodywork and small paint work
but I didn't want to tackle the outside without proper ventilation and an adequate sized compressor.

2.) The upper section is being painted a very light color (champagne) with heavy pearl-metallic.
After all the effort I have put into the car I didn't want to risk streaks in the paint.

3.) I am getting a heck of a deal on having it painted by a highly reputable painter.

61BISCAYNE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just talked to the painter. The car is in color...will be cleared this afternoon.
Man, I will be useless at work this afternoon!!!:brow