Off topic

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Saw on tv today, 97% of all accounts at SVB, had more then 250 thousand dollars in them. They didn't break it down as to commercial or personal. I know little about Silicon Valley itself, except I think there are a lot of big businesses in this area. I'm sure they must transfer around a lot of money and store even more, on a daily basis. That 250 FDIC limit for protection, is probably a drop in the bucket for them. I really don't know what the answer is for them on how to do their banking secure wise. I'm still opposed to making them whole past the 250 thousand dollar limit. A rule is a rule. Biden was also on tv saying that all customers will receive all their money. Investors not. Now, there is a revelation for you. Investors are stock holders. When have we ever reimbursed any stock holder when their company went belly up??? Never to my knowledge. Enron went belly up. No federal money there to my knowledge. What about when GM went bankrupt?? I was a stock holder there. Lost a decent piece of change. Never got any federal money either. And Biden says this isn't going to cost the taxpayers anything?? Hmmm............................How come?? How can it not?? Maybe they are going to print more money. That's always good for inflation. This guy doesn't have a clue. I can't wait until November 2024. I pray that the GOP puts up a viable candidate. You wealthy members with more then 250 thousand cash in one account, break it up. Guaranteed that you won't get the same benefit as those as SVB. And, that's all I have to say about this subject matter. It just sickens me. I'm going to start watching reruns of the Andy Griffith Show. Does Mayberry really exist??, Carmine.

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Saw on tv today, 97% of all accounts at SVB, had more then 250 thousand dollars in them. They didn't break it down as to commercial or personal. I know little about Silicon Valley itself, except I think there are a lot of big businesses in this area. I'm sure they must transfer around a lot of money and store even more, on a daily basis. That 250 FDIC limit for protection, is probably a drop in the bucket for them. I really don't know what the answer is for them on how to do their banking secure wise. I'm still opposed to making them whole past the 250 thousand dollar limit. A rule is a rule. Biden was also on tv saying that all customers will receive all their money. Investors not. Now, there is a revelation for you. Investors are stock holders. When have we ever reimbursed any stock holder when their company went belly up??? Never to my knowledge. Enron went belly up. No federal money there to my knowledge. What about when GM went bankrupt?? I was a stock holder there. Lost a decent piece of change. Never got any federal money either. And Biden says this isn't going to cost the taxpayers anything?? Hmmm............................How come?? How can it not?? Maybe they are going to print more money. That's always good for inflation. This guy doesn't have a clue. I can't wait until November 2024. I pray that the GOP puts up a viable candidate. You wealthy members with more then 250 thousand cash in one account, break it up. Guaranteed that you won't get the same benefit as those as SVB. And, that's all I have to say about this subject matter. It just sickens me. I'm going to start watching reruns of the Andy Griffith Show. Does Mayberry really exist??, Carmine.
Carmine I don‘t know of a Mayberry but a little town on the Virginia border called Mount Airy lays claim to the title and I think it is widely supported as such. Lots of small local businesses are named after those in the fictional Mayberry. Cool little town and a neat place to visit.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Carmine I don‘t know of a Mayberry but a little town on the Virginia border called Mount Airy lays claim to the title and I think it is widely supported as such. Lots of small local businesses are named after those in the fictional Mayberry. Cool little town and a neat place to visit.
Thanks. Sounds interesting. Will have to check into that. Did anyone see the movie Fried Green Tomatoes?? The Whistle Stop Cafe. A train coming through town. Laid back. Small. Quiet. That would be for me.
Wasn't it thought that Mayberry mirrored Mount Airy and that was where Andy Griffith was from?? At least I thought that.
My wife watches Hometown about a couple who renovate homes in Laurel, Mississippi. That area looks interesting also. I suppose a lot of those area's are around if you look for them, Carmine.

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think Andy was from Manteo NC but I haven’t researched it lately.